ACT News

License article

Burnt out hot water system leads to Deakin evacuation

Firefighters investigating smoke in a Deakin office block on Tuesday morning say a burnt out hot water system on the ground floor was responsible.

Emergency services were called to the two story complex on Campion Street in Deakin when the ground floor was smoked out.

Workers were evacuated from the building as a precaution before firefighters found the burnt out hot water system.

At 10am, fightfighers were ventilating the area and conducting atmospheric monitoring. Staff were not yet  allowed to return.