Fairfax Media can also reveal that federal police and Commonwealth prosecutors may have known of serious concerns about the FBI examiner's credibility since 2000, but did not pass it on to Eastman, who spent 19 years behind bars on a now-quashed murder conviction.
- Queanbeyan and south Canberra were battered with heavy rain and large hailstones last night, causing disruption and in some case, destruction.
- Barnaby Joyce is Australia's new Deputy Prime Minister after being elected the Nationals new leader, while Fiona Nash became the party's first female deputy leader.
- Commonwealth public servants and military personnel scored the best returns on their superannuation in the past financial year, over any other group of Australian workers.
- After 100 years, scientists have confirmed the final piece of Albert Einstein's theory of relativity.
- ACT Speaker Vicki Dunne sought the advice of speakers in two other parliaments before refusing embattled Labor backbencher Joy Burch a slot on her panel of assistant speakers.
- Wally Masur says Nick Kyrgios will be huge for an Australian team that will win "three, four, five" Davis Cups over the next decade.
- David Pocock's World Cup campaign was so good that Wallabies coaches agreed they needed him on the field to win games, but Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham says he can get even better.
The ACT government has announced a series of traffic and public transport changes to cater for the National Multicultural Festival this weekend.
Tocumwal Lane has been closed at the intersection with Bunda Street until Monday, 6am.
The following roads will be closed on Saturday and Sunday; East Row between London Circuit and Alinga Street, Mort Street between Alinga Street and Bunda Street, Alinga Street between Northbourne Avenue and East Row. The car park at the corner of London Circuit and Commonwealth Avenue
Spending the weekend in Canberra? Start planning with Canberra Weekender: What's on February 12 to 14.
Canberra's 2016 National Multicultural Festival is so close, you can almost hear the hiss of the ubiquitous meat-on-sticks on the hotplate. Figure out what to do, see, eat and drink right here. From February 12 to 14.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is making its way to Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
See 2015's best political cartoons at the Behind the Lines exhibition at the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House.
See the year's best cartoons in Behind the Lines 2015 at the Museum of Australian Democracy.
Today: Partly cloudy with a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Light winds.. Max 31.
Saturday: Sunny. Light winds becoming west to northwesterly. Min 15, Max 34.
Sunday: Mostly sunny morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the afternoon and evening. Also the chance of a thunderstorm. Min 16, Max 33.