A father has been charged with murdering his eight-year-old son after an alleged domestic violence incident in Gungahlin last night.
- Cyclists could be allowed to ride without helmets as part of a raft of measures to help the ACT government achieve its goal of zero road deaths.
- Cuts to concessions which are paid to seniors, pensioners, veterans and others, will be announced in the June budget, Chief Minister Andrew Barr says, signalling that money will be shifted from higher-income households to those on lower incomes.
- More than 9000 school days have been missed by Canberra's most troubled students during the past three years while they have been formally suspended from ACT government schools.
- Once a ribbon of homes along a highway north west of Canberra, Murrumbateman is becoming a town, its growing pains evident in the local oval.
- "Should people in a forum like this be able to say whatever they think?" inquired Q&A host Tony Jones during Monday night's program. The question seemed innocuous enough, but the minister wasn't biting.
- Australia's cricket selectors have to choose between picking an injured quick, the one coming back from injury or another who is uncapped, for the match that will decide the No.1 Test ranking.
- A phone call from Canberra Capitals coach Carrie Graf a decade ago ensured Jess Bibby will walk away from the game a WNBL legend this weekend.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is on at Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
See 2015's best political cartoons at the Behind the Lines exhibition at the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House.
Touch or click through for more David Pope
Today: Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening. Max 27.
Wednesday: Sunny, light winds. Min 9, Max 26.