Condemned Bali Nine ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran will be among the next group of inmates on death row in Indonesia to be killed.
Attorney-General H.M. Prasetyo has confirmed Chan and Sukumaran will be in the second group of prisoners to be executed.
The exact date and time are still under consideration.
The news comes just days after more than 1000 people pleaded for compassion in a public vigil in Sydney on Thursday night.
- The Chief Minister of the Northern Territory has been dumped in a late-night leadership challenge.
- Police have linked a burnt out car to a shooting they believe was a targeted attack on a Tuggeranong house in the early hours of Monday morning.
- The Mr Fluffy buyback and demolition of one in 80 Canberra homes are the only bright spots in an otherwise gloomy picture of Canberra's economy in the coming years, according to Deloitte Access Economics.
- Environment Minister Greg Hunt has stepped up the government's campaign to stop the Great Barrier Reef being listed as "in danger", declaring it the "best managed marine ecosystem in the world".
- It's been a dramatic 24 hours for emergency services in the region with two cars stolen in a Fyshwick ram-raid , a truck fire in Hume, one man killed in a head-on collision in Ulladulla, and a second man killed after falling off his mountain bike in Kosciusko National Park near Jindabyne.
ACT Brumbies hardman Fotu Auelua is refusing to let another pre-season injury setback ruin his year.
He's vowed to make sure he has an immediate impact when he gets a delayed start to Super Rugby next month after knee surgery.
It's the third year in a row injury has hampered Auelua's pre-season training. But it hasn't stopped him from setting his sights on ending an 11-year title drought.
- Cricket Australia will give James Faulkner a different timeline to Michael Clarke for his recovery from a suspected side strain which is jeopardising the all-rounder's availability for the start of the World Cup.
- Fijian flyer Sisa Waqa's try-scoring ability was on display during the Auckland Nines. But his premiership experience will also help develop his young Raiders teammates in 2015.
- The New England Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in a memorable NFL Super Bowl on Monday AEST.
We are not aware of any road closures today.
If you are stuck in traffic or have any info, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @canberratimes
Interacting with a machine the same way you interact with a friend or family member is in the realm of science fiction - or is it? The Academy of Science is hosting Artificial Intelligence: machines on the rise tonight from 5.30pm at the Shine Dome in Acton. Listen to Associate Professor James Curran talk about the development artificial intelligence using spoken language - he's building computer systems that can understand and communicate with us in our own natural languages.
Step outside and into Jerrabomberra Wetlands along a new boardwalk and walking trail. A group of Canberrans had a sneak peak of the new $340,000 eco-friendly walk at the start of the week which conservationists hope will draw more nature lovers to the wetlands
Eric Aichinger does not ride his bike the 10 kilometres to work. The journey is too short for him.
Touch or click through for more David Pope
Kindergarten students on their first day at Fraser Primary. Photo: Rohan Thomson.
Today: It will be a mostly sunny Tuesday in Canberra with a forecast minimum of 9 degrees and a top of 27 degrees.
The rest of the week: Wednesday, partly cloudy - min 11, max 25; Thursday, partly cloudy - min 10, max 22; Friday, partly cloudy - min 9, max 24; Saturday, mostly sunny - min 11 max 29; Sunday, sunny - min 13, max 33