The capital remains Australia's most equitable city, but residents in Canberra's inner-southern suburbs earn up to $30,000 more than those in Belconnen and Tuggeranong on average each year, a national report says. See how your suburb fares in our money map.
- Canberra's greyhound racing community will come under additional scrutiny as the RSPCA launches a campaign to ban the sport indefinitely.
- Malcolm Turnbull has vowed the government's hardline border stance is unshakable after the High Court ruled offshore detention was lawful, but stopped short of saying when more than 250 asylum seekers will be flown to Nauru.
- Meanwhile, Turnbull and Treasurer Scott Morrison are struggling to contain growing backbench unease over a possible rise in the GST to 15 per cent
- The long-running Mr Spokes bike-hire business closed its doors at West Basin on Sunday after being paid out by the ACT government, which wants the land for development.
- Canberra's chief doctor has issued a public safety warning after the discovery of deadly death cap mushrooms in several locations this week.
- In sport, Australia's batsmen were left red-faced after embarrassing collapse against New Zealand in their opening One-day match last night.
- Basketball Australia boss Anthony Moore said it "doesn't stand up" to have different travel arrangements for male and female players.
- One third of the ACT Brumbies players were subject to drug testing in the wake of the Essendon saga and warned that over-the-counter products may contain banned substances.
9.47am: Looks like everything is all clear on Canberra's roads now. If you see any crashes tweet us on @canberratimes when it's safe to do so.
8.56am: Watch out for a two-car crash on Caswell Drive at Aranda, just north of the Glenloch interchange. Everyone is out and both cars are off the road but it may cause some minor traffic issues if you're heading southbound.
8.47am: Looks like there's been a crash on Caswell Drive at Aranda, near the ramp to Belconnen Way. Watch out if you're heading that way.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is making its way to Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
See the year's best cartoons in Behind the Lines 2015 at the Museum of Australian Democracy.
Today: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of a light shower in the early morning. Max 26.
Friday: Cloud clearing. Winds southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending easterly . Min 11, max 25.
Saturday: Partly cloudy. Light winds. Min 13, max 27.
Sunday: Partly cloudy, cloud clearing, light winds. Min 12, max 30.