The federal government's top public servants have been given big pay rises with some department bosses' salaries increasing by more than $60,000 a year.
- Video footage has emerged of an alleged near-miss involving three planes - one from Canberra - prompting a call for an urgent review of safety at the company controlling aircraft movements in Australia.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade are destroying up to one tonne of documents – including classified and top secret material – each week.
- More than 400 ACT properties sold for $1m plus last year – and they weren't just in the central suburbs.
- As the ACT government considers new rules to allow vegie growing on nature strips, an O'Connor couple are exploring just how far a verge garden can go, outside their home.
- The Canberra Raiders made the last eight of the Auckland Nines on Sunday, before New Zealand eliminated them. But the number which mattered was zero injuries.
- Departing Canberra Capitals coach Carrie Graf is finding the last victory the toughest to find, her side showing tenacity in a narrow defeat at the hands of the Dandenong Rangers yesterday.
- New Zealand scored a try after the siren to clinch the Sydney Sevens title over Australia, inflicting yet another a psychological blow.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is making its way to Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
See the year's best cartoons in Behind the Lines 2015 at the Museum of Australian Democracy.
Today: Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon. Max 32.
Tomorrow: Becoming sunny. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the middle of the day. Min 14, max 30.