The residents of a home in Queanbeyan which was shot at in the early hours of Wednesday morning, said they feared for their lives as they hid in the dark in their bathroom.
- In other news Canberrans are mourning the death of one of the city's most familiar faces and decades of fleeting but memorable interactions.
- Residents will be able to fly directly to Singapore and Wellington from September, as Singapore Airlines begins international services four times each week. For more than a decade the rare overseas flight to depart or land at Canberra International Airport was an occasion.
- The ACT government has not finalised its position on poker machines in the Canberra casino, as ClubsACT launches a new campaign to stoke community opposition before the ACT election.
- Canberrans are mourning the death of one of the city's most familiar faces and decades of fleeting but memorable interactions.
- The RSPCA have been forced to euthanise three dogs whose treatment was described by a court as abhorrent, appalling and an offence to the Canberra community.
- The number of fines issued to drivers illegally parking in disabled spaces is on the rise as advocates say people with disabilities continue to struggle with a shortage of mobility parking spaces.
- To sport ... Nick Kyrgios courts controversy, racing into the third round of the Australian Open
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga shows class and compassion, assisting an injured ball girl from the court.
- Indian batsmen grasp loss from jaws of victory in extraordinary collapse at Manuka Oval.
Ben and Jerry's Openair Cinema is making its way to Canberra's central lakeside venue on Patrick White Lawns. Until 21 Feb.
The National Portrait Gallery has something for everyone to enjoy these summer school holidays with free activities inspired by Sideshow Alley for families to enjoy together. Until 24 Jan.
The Ainslie Arts Centre is hosting a week-long music workshop for girls aged between 10 and 17 years. More info here.
School holidays at the AIS means you can choose from the Pre-School Holiday Program, Soccer and Tennis Camps and a general Sports Vacation Program. Until 29 Jan.
See the year's best cartoons in Behind the Lines 2015 at the Museum of Australian Democracy.
Today: Mostly sunny morning. Medium chance of showers in the afternoon and early evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and early evening. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the early afternoon. Min 18, max 36.
Friday: Cloudy. High chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Min 20, max 27.
Saturday: Partly cloudy. High chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. Min 16, max 29.