Canberra Times

Print this article | Close this window

Canberra radio station 2CA announces replacement for sacked presenter Frank Vincent

Sally Pryor

Published: February 9 2018 - 5:05PM

Canberra radio station 2CA has announced a replacement for sacked breakfast presenter Frank Vincent, with veteran broadcaster Paul Holmes taking the slot from February 26.

The news comes as Canberra personal injury law firm Blumers Lawyers confirmed it had suspended its advertising with Capital Radio, and will review the suspension in four weeks' time.

Blumers did not say why it had suspended its advertising, nor whether the decision was linked with the sexual harassment allegations that engulfed the station in January. 

Another advertiser, Canberra Legal Group, would not comment on its advertising agreement with the network, but in recent weeks posted a Canberra Times article about Vincent's sacking on its Facebook page.

"Bullying and harassment in the workplace is never okay," the post said, followed by a contact in the firm for anyone facing these problems.

New breakfast presenter Holmes has had a 40-year career in radio, and spent several years at Sydney's 2Day FM working alongside Wendy Harmer and Peter Moon, among others.

General Manager of 2CA and its sister station, 2CC, Michael Jones, said Holmes was a "world-class broadcaster" who would be right across the Canberra community and its issues.

Mr Jones declined to comment on any advertising arrangements.

Capital Radio, which runs 2CA and 2CC, has faced criticism over its dealing of the sexual harassment allegations involving Vincent.

Vincent has denied the allegations.

Former staff went public last month with claims that managers of the station protected Vincent when initial complaints were made last year.

The station's management ordered an investigation into the complaint, and made a unanimous decision to terminate his employment just one day after The Canberra Times put questions about Vincent's treatment of a junior journalist and other staff.

In a statement to The Canberra Times last month, controlling company Radio Canberra said the decision had been made "unanimously" by the board when it received a report from an independent investigator appointed last year to look into harassment allegations.

This story was found at: