Firefighters are treating the scene of a garage fire in Dickson Tuesday night as an asbestos hazard.
ACT Fire and Rescue extinguished the Ruse Street fire and set up an exclusion zone to isolate the area by 10pm.
The semi-detached fibro double garage was significantly damaged in the blaze.
But the fire did not spread to the adjoining home or nearby properties. There were no injuries.
The fire has been deemed an accident and the estimated damage is $30,000.
ACT Fire and Rescue had three fire pumpers on the scene: the hazardous materials unit, a breathing apparatus van and one commander.