Firefighters have extinguished an electrical fire that caused $40,000 damage to a home in Canberra's south this afternoon.

Crews received triple-0 calls to a fire at a three bedroom home on Lamington Street Deakin about 1.30pm.

Firefighters were still on scene about 1.50pm, and had managed to knock down the flames.

No neighbouring properties were damaged, and the fire was extinguished before 2.20pm.

The fire began in an electrical fuse box.

Paramedics assessed an elderly woman at the scene, but she did not require hospitalisation.

Crews received triple-0 calls to a fire at a three bedroom home on Lamington Street Deakin about 1.30pm.

Firefighters were still on scene about 1.50pm, and had managed to knock down the flames.

No neighbouring properties were damaged, and the fire was extinguished before 2.20pm.

The cause of the fire is thought to have been electrical.

Paramedics assessed an elderly woman at the scene, but she did not require hospitalisation.