JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

Firefighters battling Deakin house fire

Date

Chris Knaus

Firefighters have extinguished an electrical fire that caused $40,000 damage to a home in Canberra's south this afternoon.

Crews received triple-0 calls to a fire at a three bedroom home on Lamington Street Deakin about 1.30pm.

Firefighters were still on scene about 1.50pm, and had managed to knock down the flames.

No neighbouring properties were damaged, and the fire was extinguished before 2.20pm.

The fire began in an electrical fuse box.

Paramedics assessed an elderly woman at the scene, but she did not require hospitalisation.

Crews received triple-0 calls to a fire at a three bedroom home on Lamington Street Deakin about 1.30pm.

Firefighters were still on scene about 1.50pm, and had managed to knock down the flames.

No neighbouring properties were damaged, and the fire was extinguished before 2.20pm.

The cause of the fire is thought to have been electrical.

Paramedics assessed an elderly woman at the scene, but she did not require hospitalisation.

Featured advertisers

Special offers

Credit card, savings and loan rates by Mozo