ACT News


Firefighters evacuate nursing home after gas leak

Firefighters have given the all clear for about 90 residents and staff evacuated from the Morsehead Nursing Home for military veterans in Lyneham to return indoors after a gas leak.

Emergency services said workmen ruptured a gas line in the roof of the nursing home on Archibald Street at about 2.20pm on Wednesday.

ACT Fire and Rescue evacuated the site as a precaution.

The gas leak was found and firefighters conducted ventilation operations.

ACT Ambulance's intensive care paramedics were also on the scene, but no injuries have been reported.

The home is run by RSL LifeCare.