The plan for a network of electric car charge points in Canberra has received another blow after international firm Better Place officially pulled the plug on any more Australian investment.
The Israeli-based company had deals in place in the capital for a network of 16 charge points and battery-swap stations around the city.
But Fairfax reported last month that the development was on hold after Better Place said it was moving its strategic focus away from Australia, sparking fears for the jobs of the company’s mostly Melbourne based Australian workforce.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Better Place chief executive Dan Cohen said that the company would be “limiting” any more activities in Australia.
“Consultations are underway with a view to securing an orderly wind-down of its non-core activities in North America and limiting any further investment in Australia beyond its current commitments,” Mr Cohen said.