ACT News


Forrest Primary School classroom fire caused by glue gun

About 40 teachers and parents were evacuated at Forrest Primary School after workmen using a glue gun caused a fire inside a classroom, emergency services said.

Firefighters were on the scene at Hobart Place in Forrest as of 1.40pm on Friday, and said the fire was small but caused some minor damage.

The emergency services agency said the fire was caused by the workmen using a glue gun who were also able to extinguish the fire.

ACT Fire and Rescue were called and ventilated the area.

They left the scene just after 3.30pm.