A home in Lyons has been damaged by fire, caused by a build-up of heat from a downlight covered by insulation in the roofspace.
Nobody was home at the time and ACT Fire and Rescue were alerted to fire on Wrest St by neighbours, at about 8.20pm on Monday night.
The flames were extinguished by 9pm and damage was contained to 25 per cent of the roof space.
Three rooms in the single level home were also affected.
No damage was sustained by nearby properties.
Three fire pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van, the Hazardous Materials Unit and two command vehicles attended.
ACT Ambulance Service attended but no injuries were reported.