JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

If you have trouble accessing our login form below, you can go to our login page.

Man hospitalised after Phillip fire

A man has been taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire in Philip.

ACT Fire & Rescue and ACT Ambulance Service are on scene at a fire in a kitchen of a single bedroom unit on Mansfield Place, Phillip.

The fire has been extinguished and contained to the kitchen in the upstairs apartment of the two-storey building.

A neighbour in the apartment complex heard a smoke alarm, called triple-0 at 7.58pm and ACT Fire & Rescue responded with two fire pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus van, the specialist Hazardous Materials unit and a command vehicle.

ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics have treated a 50-year-old male for mild smoke inhalation and transported the patient to The Canberra Hospital.

 

Featured advertisers

Special offers

Credit card, savings and loan rates by Mozo