A mother and son have been banned from attending the Hyperdome shopping centre after allegedly robbing a homeless man of his belongings.
Alison Elizabeth Kelly, 43, and her son, Matthew Kelly, 18, appeared in the ACT Magistrates Court on Thursday on charges of aggravated robbery.
The court heard the alleged victim had lived with the Kelly family until recently when he was asked to leave.
A police informant said the pair, both of Conder, and two other men went searching for the alleged victim on Wednesday to collect money they believed he owed for rent.
The foursome then allegedly assaulted the man and stole a backpack containing clothes, documents and food.
The other two men alleged to be involved were yet to be located by police.
The prosecution opposed bail, arguing the pair could interfere with witnesses if released.
The informant told the court Ms Kelly allegedly had told police she would get the victim to drop the charges.
But the defence said the woman was the main carer for three children under six years of age who had already spent a night away from home.
Magistrate Bernadette Boss granted the pair bail with strict conditions to report to police three times a week, not go to the Hyperdome shopping centre and not contact the alleged victim or co-accused.
The pair will reappear next month.