9 Jacka Cresent in Campbell. Photo: Colleen Petch
AN IMPRESSIVE Campbell home was one of several properties that failed to sell in what was a patchy weekend for Canberra's market.
The three-bedroom home at 9 Jacka Crescent has previously been nominated for the ACT Architecture Awards and features renovations by architect Nino Bellantonio from AiL Studios.
LJ Hooker agent Stephen Bunday said concern about a possible change of government next year was depressing interest.
A happy LJ Hooker bear before the auction of 9 Jacka Cresent in Campbell. Photo: Colleen Petch
Mr Bunday said it had been a tough week in the market but it was not all gloom and doom.
''It's just harder than it was,'' Mr Bunday said.
He said the general belief regarding a possible change in government left buyers expecting a drop in prices next year.
Meanwhile, Luton Properties sold 128 Goyder Street, Narrabudah, for $1.02 million.
There were seven registered bidders and Richard Luton said the old home had been knocked down and replaced with a stunning solar passive residence by architect Robbie Gibson, of Green House Architect.
The home has three bedrooms, a study and large studio as well as an in-ground pool. Its green features include solar panels, solar hot water system, grey water, underground water tanks, filtration system and recycled timber doors and features.
The quirkiest event of the day was when Peter Blackshaw agent Andrew Chamberlain turned up to auction 58 Leichhardt Street, Griffith and found a kangaroo in the backyard.
It must have been a good sign because the home sold for $1.05 million.
This week's results
- 2 Fullwood Street, Weston - sold $612,000
- 1 Shain Place, Giralang - sold $625,000
- 13 Hovea Street, O'Connor - passed in
- 1/95 Wakefield Gardens, Ainslie - passed in
- 3/67 Jervois Street, Deakin - sold $335,000
- 31/1 Beissel Street, Belconnen - passed in
- 3 Dunlop Street, Hackett - passed in -
- 82 Duffy Street, Ainslie - passed in
- 9 Jacka Crescent, Campbell - passed in
- 85 Wilshire Street, Dickson - passed in
- 58 Leichhardt Street, Griffith - sold $1.05 million
- 11 Ballard Place, Monash - sold $725,000
- 18 Sainsbury Street, Wanniassa - passed in
- 5 Richter Close, Fadden - sold (prior) $685,000
- 37 Hurtle Avenue, Bonython - sold $650,000
- 128 Goyder Street, Narrabundah - sold $1.02 million