ACT News

Small fire causes evacuation at Club Lime in Kingston

Emergency services were called to a gym at Kingston shops on Monday when a small electrical fire ignited in the gym's air conditioning system.

Emergency services received a call at about 1.30pm with reports of a fire at Club Lime on Kennedy Street. People in the gym had evacuated as a precaution.

Fire and rescue said the fire was caused by a melted electrical component in the air conditioning system.

Three fire pumpers, a Bronto aerial platform, a breathing apparatus unit and two commanders responded to the incident, the Emergency Services Agency said.

Staff and customers were allowed to return to the gym by 2.30pm.

Advertisement