ACT News

Two women burned after accident in Pearce

Firefighters and intensive care paramedics were called to a southside Canberra home on Saturday. 

Fuel from a decorative wall mounted fireplace spilled and burned two people at a home in Shepherd Street, Pearce.

ACT Fire and Rescue contained the fire and ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics treated two female patients aged in their 30's for partial thickness burns.

One patient had burns to the shoulder and the other patient had burns to the leg and face. Both were taken to the Canberra Hospital in a stable condition.

Advertisement