Stephen Dank, the architect of the Essendon injecting program, says he hopes his impending court cases help to clear the names of the 34 past and present players banned for being administered an illegal drug.
Dank insists the players were not given the banned peptide thymosin beta-4, but rather the legal thymomodulin, and believes legal action against more than two dozen individuals and organisations will provide new evidence on a saga that is now into its fourth year.
Stephen Dank in WADA's sights
Ben Cousins hospitalised
AFL plays of round 14
Giants tower over Blues
Saints edge Cats in thriller
Pies survive chill to belt Dockers
Tigers boycott Triple M
FootyFix: Can young Sainters upstage Geelong?
Stephen Dank in WADA's sights
World Anti-Doping Agency will appeal the AFL anti-doping tribunal's decision to drop 21 charges against Stephen Dank.
"I feel deeply for the players. I am upset with the decision in respect to the players, in fact very upset and angry," Dank told Fairfax Media.
"We must do what we need to do to get the players off."
Andrew Demetriou remains firmly in Dank's sights, suggesting there would be a major damages suit against the former AFL chief executive.
Dank, like James Hird, believes Demetriou unlawfully tipped off Essendon in February 2013 after he had met with the Australian Crime Commission, warning the Bombers they were being investigated for the possible use of performance-enhancing drugs before the ACC's report was released.
Demetriou has denied this, and was later investigated by the ACC and cleared. Dank, though, says he has two witnesses to back his claims.
He is also set to argue the ACC was guilty of publicly releasing text messages found on the phones of the players. These messages suggest his 2012 supplements program had been run in an ad hoc manner and without spread sheets and documentation - something Dank rejects.
Dank, however, no longer has detailed documents outlining what the players were injected with, maintaining these were erased under the watch of the club's former administration.
It was alleged in 2013 that the Essendon players had been given a drug sourced from a pharmacy in Mexico by a muscular dystrophy patient. It had been reported the drug was from Mexico, but Dank insists it was from New Mexico in northern America.
And he denies it was a drug, but rather a "vitamin mix - a simple amino acid formation" available over the counter in Australia.
He said the bottles contained 21 amino acids, vitamin B complex and vitamin C. He said he had the amino acids tested and they were later given to the players.
As reported by Fairfax Media on Sunday, Dank said he had never sent sports biochemist Shane Charter, a convicted drug importer, to China to source peptides.
He said he had never sourced peptides from China, and said his compounding pharmacist Nima Alavi had secured all products from the US. He said these products had Therapeutic Goods Administration permits.
He denied former Essendon assistant coach Mark Thompson had seriously called for the injecting program to be abandoned - as Thompson has claimed. Dank said Thompson had twice approached him in his office and questioned the program but had more personal issues on his mind at the time.
In response to questions about irregularities in the program, Dank claims he had met with Hird, former fitness chief Dean Robinson, club doctors Brendan De Morton and Bruce Reid, and Thompson every Tuesday to provide updates, including on the use of thymomodulin.
Hird has consistently claimed he insisted the supplements be ASADA/WADA compliant, be approved by Reid and cause no harm to the players
The Court of Arbitration for Sport found that Dank had administered thymosin beta-4.
Dank said he was planning on having Hird, Thompson, Reid and former club chief executive Ian Robson take the witness stand.
He said he had retained the same legal team he had engaged in 2013, despite reports to the contrary. Greg Stanton remained his primary barrister, with other barristers focusing on his defamation and contract cases. Despite the large expense of court action, Dank said he "won't be running out of money".
His initial defamation case, from February 15, is against six Sydney-based News Corp journalists.
"I don't understand why there has been a myth perpetuated that I have changed my legal team," he said.