1. People are saying Carlton has ''nothing to lose'' like that's some kind of profound revelation. When you finished ninth and are still a chance to win the flag halfway through September, that sort of talk gets filed under ''no s#@! Sherlock!''
2. And let's face it, they're only a couple of hours away from being on the wrong side of a spoof Hitler YouTube video.
3. Meanwhile, Goodesy apparently hasn't aggravated his knee injury, he just pulled up a bit sore, so Sydney ruled him out of the rest of the season. Surely there's a perfectly good, big, shiny needle crying out for a traditional September cameo?
4. Judd best on ground when he should be on crutches, Gibbs a superstar midfielder, Waite reliable, Duigan kicking four goals AND getting away with that moustache. There's gotta be more chance of Mick hugging a journo he's not even related to than of that lot happening again.
5. This won't rate well in Richmond.
''It's been pretty glass half-full round Princes Park lately, Grumpy Mick's even been kind of jolly with his dreaded nemesis, the footy scribes. Then there's the ground the Bloods don't play so good at, and winning form being the thing, but I still can't see the Blues taking another sip.''