The bond market is skeptical about Fortescue Metals Group founder Andrew Forrest's confidence in how well the miner can withstand the collapse in iron ore prices.
- AGL AGL ENERGY LIMITED. -0.987%
- AIO ASCIANO LIMITED 0.158%
- AMC AMCOR LIMITED 0.285%
- AMP AMP LIMITED -0.155%
- ANZ AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP LIMITED -0.6%
- APA APA GROUP -1.105%
- ASX ASX LIMITED 0.145%
- AZJ AURIZON HOLDINGS LIMITED -0.619%
- BHP BHP BILLITON LIMITED -2.079%
- BXB BRAMBLES LIMITED -0.087%
- CBA COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. -0.3%
- CCL COCA-COLA AMATIL LIMITED -0.557%
- CPU COMPUTERSHARE LIMITED. 0.236%
- CSL CSL LIMITED 0.803%
- CWN CROWN RESORTS LIMITED -1.421%
- DXS DEXUS PROPERTY GROUP -0.792%
- FMG FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD -2.551%
- GMG GOODMAN GROUP -0.709%
- GPT GPT GROUP -0.328%
- IAG INSURANCE AUSTRALIA GROUP LIMITED -1.639%
- IPL INCITEC PIVOT LIMITED 0.737%
- JHX JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES PLC -1.638%
- LLC LEND LEASE GROUP 0.21%
- MGR MIRVAC GROUP 0.0%
- MPL MEDIBANK PRIVATE LIMITED 0.862%
- MQG MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED 0.9%
- NAB NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED -0.649%
- NCM NEWCREST MINING LIMITED -0.823%
- NVN NOVION PROPERTY GROUP 0.797%
- ORG ORIGIN ENERGY LIMITED -1.503%
- ORI ORICA LIMITED -2.999%
- OSH OIL SEARCH LIMITED -2.708%
- QBE QBE INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED -1.764%
- RHC RAMSAY HEALTH CARE LIMITED -0.996%
- RIO RIO TINTO LIMITED -1.415%
- SCG SCENTRE GROUP -1.471%
- SEK SEEK LIMITED -1.869%
- SGP STOCKLAND -0.444%
- SHL SONIC HEALTHCARE LIMITED 0.636%
- STO SANTOS LIMITED -2.661%
- SUN SUNCORP GROUP LIMITED -0.148%
- SYD SYDNEY AIRPORT 1.737%
- TCL TRANSURBAN GROUP 0.262%
- TLS TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED. 0.396%
- TOL TOLL HOLDINGS LIMITED 0.339%
- WBC WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION -0.686%
- WES WESFARMERS LIMITED -1.137%
- WFD WESTFIELD CORPORATION 1.047%
- WOW WOOLWORTHS LIMITED -1.221%
- WPL WOODSIDE PETROLEUM LIMITED -1.738%
Shares trade down early with miners bearing the brunt of lower iron ore and oil prices and following a poor offshore lead, while the Aussie recovers from the night's lows.
Better-than-expected building approvals data and Chinese manufacturing figures have given the Australian dollar a boost.
Australian equities and commodities are firmly out of favour with international investors who prefer exposure to Europe, technology and health care.
BHP spin-off is likely to trade at about $2 a share, well short of market expectations, according to the bank's mining analyst. But it will have plenty of cash to grow.
The nation's manufacturing sector has shrunk for the fourth straight month despite the dramatic devaluation of the Australian dollar as political uncertainty and weak business investment weigh on activity.
The euro posted its biggest quarterly slide versus the dollar since its inception as Greece struggled to avert a default.
|United States Dollar|
Billionaire Warren Buffett says that an exit by Greece from the euro zone could be constructive for the region.
Iron ore continues to tumble, falling close to 4 per cent over the last week. Here's four charts explaining why.
Studies estimate the average office worker spends about 80,000 hours seated during their working life.
Australian pilots say past disputes over payouts in the case of psychiatric conditions could make them less likely to be honest about condition.
If these price falls have served any purpose, it’s to remind us of the risks faced by those who invest their retirement savings in mining, oil and gas.
Talk to as many different investors as you can. This is how you gain perspective.
US stocks ended down on Tuesday in a retreat from the previous session's sharp rally as energy shares declined and the dollar edged up, but the S&P 500 and Nasdaq registered their ninth straight quarterly rise.
The toy wholesaler backed by Gerry Harvey and Lachlan Murdoch is at rock bottom but says it can return to profit this half.
Three years after outlaying $1.2 billion to acquire accounting software developer MYOB, Bain Capital, is seeking to float the company in a move which will value it at up to $2.7 billion, including debt.
The Abbott government had decided before it was elected it would deliver process-driven reform in financial services, competition law and tax, and on two fronts the crunch time is now approaching.
Rules that restrict taxi licences, shopping hours and the location of pharmacies would be swept away as part of comprehensive review.
The Harper review ignores pleas from the nation's biggest supermarket chains to abandon an 'effects test'.
Metcash has hosed down suggestions it owes money to the tax office for failing to pay fringe benefits tax on the "overseas study tours" taken by its employees.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia expects tens of thousands of its new Albert point-of-sale devices to appear in Australian restaurants, cafes and retail stores, changing the way we pay and gathering richer data.
Banks face growing competition from online industries, but Westpac senior banker is looking at the benefits if banks were to join forces with their online rivals..
Plans to build coal mine in central Queensland would wipe out the habitat of the world's most significant population of an endangered finch.
Industry fallout is 'natural selection' and Andrew Forrest's push to cap output casts more doubt on Fortescue than its rivals.
McDonald's will experiment with serving breakfast all day at some San Diego-area locations as Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook seeks to pull the restaurant chain out of a US sales slump.
After golf ball-sized hailstones battered vines in the Bordeaux area, managing director Emmanuel Cruse is pulling out the big guns.
Victorian solar power developer RayGen will on Friday host giant renewable energy producer China Three Gorges Corporation at the opening of its pilot plant west of Bendigo.
The operator of a Chinese-language real estate website says FIRB's crackdown on foreign investors is "racist".
The NSW property sector is currently experiencing a long term recovery.
GPT Group has emerged as the latest name to be casting an eye over the Investa Property Group portfolio.
What does the growing power of multinationals mean for our local commercial property market?
Germanwings crash puts aviation under spotlight
As French investigators search for clues as to why Germanwings flight 4U9525 crashed, killing all 150 on board, there's a lot at stake for the companies involved.