After this week's weak economic data, it's no time to panic on monetary policy – just time to adjust to this, the new normal.
- AGL AGL ENERGY LIMITED. 0.75%
- AIO ASCIANO LIMITED 0.00%
- AMC AMCOR LIMITED 2.19%
- AMP AMP LIMITED 1.51%
- ANZ AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP LIMITED 0.22%
- APA APA GROUP 0.86%
- ASX ASX LIMITED 1.47%
- AZJ AURIZON HOLDINGS LIMITED 1.11%
- BHP BHP BILLITON LIMITED 2.30%
- BXB BRAMBLES LIMITED 1.44%
- CBA COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. -0.60%
- CCL COCA-COLA AMATIL LIMITED 0.00%
- CPU COMPUTERSHARE LIMITED. 1.07%
- CSL CSL LIMITED -0.21%
- CTX CALTEX AUSTRALIA LIMITED -2.50%
- CWN CROWN RESORTS LIMITED -0.82%
- DXS DEXUS PROPERTY GROUP -0.75%
- FDC FEDERATION CENTRES -0.73%
- GMG GOODMAN GROUP -0.17%
- GPT GPT GROUP -0.69%
- IAG INSURANCE AUSTRALIA GROUP LIMITED -1.77%
- IPL INCITEC PIVOT LIMITED 2.64%
- JHX JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES PLC 1.44%
- LLC LEND LEASE GROUP 0.00%
- MGR MIRVAC GROUP -0.58%
- MPL MEDIBANK PRIVATE LIMITED 0.22%
- MQG MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED 1.14%
- NAB NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED -0.77%
- NCM NEWCREST MINING LIMITED 1.48%
- ORG ORIGIN ENERGY LIMITED 1.82%
- ORI ORICA LIMITED 0.45%
- OSH OIL SEARCH LIMITED -1.74%
- QBE QBE INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED -0.47%
- RHC RAMSAY HEALTH CARE LIMITED 0.51%
- RIO RIO TINTO LIMITED 1.32%
- S32 SOUTH32 LIMITED 2.65%
- SCG SCENTRE GROUP -0.94%
- SEK SEEK LIMITED 0.16%
- SGP STOCKLAND -0.39%
- SHL SONIC HEALTHCARE LIMITED 2.79%
- STO SANTOS LIMITED -0.66%
- SUN SUNCORP GROUP LIMITED 0.08%
- SYD SYDNEY AIRPORT 1.16%
- TCL TRANSURBAN GROUP 1.00%
- TLS TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED. 1.08%
- WBC WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION -0.30%
- WES WESFARMERS LIMITED 0.00%
- WFD WESTFIELD CORPORATION -1.25%
- WOW WOOLWORTHS LIMITED 0.08%
- WPL WOODSIDE PETROLEUM LIMITED 1.08%
Shares reverse direction once again as losses in the banks offset gains in miners.
Beijing is desperate for further growth – but that would involve loosening the power of the state.
The Australian dollar has dipped below 70 US cents twice in the last two days. Next time, it's set to stay below 70 and keep falling.
For all the attention Apple has received for its new smartwatch and music service, the tech giant is increasingly dependent on the iPhone, which last year generated more sales than Google, Twitter and Facebook combined.
Unions claim a new enterprise agreement covering Chevron's $73 billion Gorgon LNG project in WA represents a new standard for the resources industry.
Echo Entertainment suitor Genting Group has won NSW government approval to potentially boost its stake in the owner of Sydney's Star casino.
|United States Dollar|
The correction in Australian equities has painted a flattering picture for dividends.
One of the criticisms of renewable energy sources is they require huge government subsidies to be economic. Well, think again.
Are they just meaningless propaganda or do they actually work?
What is an investor to make of all the recent kerfuffle - and what on earth should you be doing?
The Abbott government is under fire over proposed changes to the fees charged by ASIC's registry arm ahead of its possible sale.
Few would have thought a year ago the Australian dollar, which was barely 5 cents from parity with the greenback, would be trading at US70¢.
Volatility is expected to be the one constant in sharemarkets this September, and some fund managers are anticipating a fall into a bear market within weeks.
It's like the small business tax stimulus didn't happen. Maybe that weaker Australian dollar will ride to the Treasurer's rescue in three months' time.
Retail sales fell 0.1 per cent in July, the first nationwide decline since May last year.
Founder Jack Ma and vice chairman Joseph Tsai are planning to use a margin loan to raise money for their private wealth fund, according to people familiar with the matter.
The Rupert Murdoch protegee, cleared of overseeing widespread phone-hacking, will again run News Corp's British newspaper arm.
Since the stock market started melting down in mid-June, the government has tried a series of increasingly desperate measures to halt the slide.
The Chinese government may retain some semblance of control over its sharemarkets, but analysts are warning the time to intervene is over.
Etihad has introduced an ambitious strategy to lease the dome's internal and external real estate for mega-size marketing installations.
An offshore investor has splashed out nearly $24 million on a Blackburn North office building as the suburban office market racks up another year of record sales.
The $220-million redeveopment of the Four Points by Sheraton and the adjoining conference centre has been given an extra boost with the addition of two more floors at the adjoining office project.
Aus hit by double whammy of bad economic news
Australia's economic growth is the weakest it has been in two years and the dollar slumps to a six year low.