Your Turn: The answer to the riddle

It was nine months ago when I posted a story attempting to increase awareness and seek an answer to the Trials HD Riddle. While this was the first many of you had heard of the riddle and its clues, the committed members of the RedLynx forums had already been attempting to answer this riddle for nearly two years. This story generated a number of questions and even a few new answers as we struggled to see meaning behind all of these clues.

In the lead up to the release of Trials Evolution on Xbox Live Arcade tomorrow, RedLynx has finally revealed the answer to the riddle. It can be found within a YouTube video released on the RedLynx TV channel or embedded below.

I strongly urge you to watch the video rather than just reading the comments. I have intentionally not written the answer as I want the answer to be revealed to you in much the same way that it was revealed to me. Be sure to listen to the audio (safe for work) as it really adds to the journey through the answer.

The Screen Play blog was one of the first sites to take an interest in this story and I want to thank Jason and the community here for allowing me to share this story.

Be sure to post your thoughts in the comments section below. I'm genuinely interested to hear what you all think and I will make sure that the RedLynx guys read this post also.

- FatShady

Screen Play readers can submit articles or ideas for consideration in Your Turn and Your Review using the email address screenplayblog@gmail.com. The best blog post published on Screen Play between April 1, 2012 and April 30, 2012, as judged by Jason Hill, will win a PlayStation 3 console from Sony Computer Entertainment. The PS3 has a 160GB hard drive and is worth $349. The next prize winner will be announced on April 30. Only Australian residents are eligible and the judge's decision is final.

twitter Screen Play is on Twitter: @screenplayblog

• Very interesting!
    Never played Trials HD, as I don't have an Xbox, but would have enjoyed trying to solve it.

Also - whoever did that remix of Down Under at the start of the credits should be shot!

ZeroZeroOne
    Syd
    April 17, 2012, 7:51AM
    • Watched the video last week, and thought it was an interesting conclusion to the riddle...

To be honest, I'm a little sad that it's over... I think that the whole thing was great and would like to see things like this more often.

beatdan
      April 17, 2012, 8:29AM
      • I remember the article but never played the game or was overly excited by the puzzle. Interesting that they put something in like this to get people thinking and would be good to see things like this in other games.

@ ZeroZeroOne, I agree with your comment about Down Under.

Joka
        April 17, 2012, 11:09AM
        • wow. I have palyed the game a ton and noticed a fair few of those things but never knew about the riddle or put thought into it. i thought it was just a bike game

feel like I've just watched a David lynch movie

mongey
          April 17, 2012, 11:25AM
          • I was somewhat perplexed by the end of this, as it wasn't so much a "solved" as ultimately a jumble of references encouraging inquiry. I would have preferred that it spelled out the name of the lead designer's laborador or something.

To summarise, I see the pic of Farnsworth, but surely Hermes with a "That just raises further questions!" is the more apt Futurama reference.

Kudos to the community and individuals on the initial solving of the references though.

Blurry