1. More than 200 competitors from 50 countries are taking part in the World DanceSport Championships in Melbourne this weekend. How long have you and your partner, Milana Deitch, been a team?
We've actually been dancing together for 16 years. We knew each other before we started dancing in the same dance studio. Our teacher thought it would be a good idea to pair up.
2. Has dance always been your passion?
When I started, when I was 10, I wasn't that serious. I was more serious about basketball.
3. What does it take to keep a dance pairing together for 16 years?
It's more than just working as a team and partnership. Milana and I have a lot of similarities with our backgrounds and educations, but it also takes hard work and compromise.
4. What sort of fitness do you need?
You need different forms of fitness for different competitions. For example, in Blackpool in England, we danced in a competition that went for eight days. It's crazy, the biggest competition in the world.
5. Is it more aesthetic or athletic?
We have a very good saying: train like athletes to perform like artists.
6. What country would you most like to visit?
Dancing has taken me to Austria, Germany, Denmark, Russia, Poland, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea and Japan. I'd like to go to Italy, maybe to compete, but mostly to have a holiday.
The World DanceSport Championships are on at Hisense Arena today.