Michelle Wie is among the international golfers coming to Canberra for the tournament. Photo: Getty Images
The ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open golf tournament is coming to Canberra in February as part of the Canberra Centenary celebrations. It's the opening event of the LPGA tour, and will feature elite local and international golfers hitting the grass at the Royal Canberra Golf Club.
To celebrate the Open, The Canberra Times is giving 10 readers the chance to win two places at the Official Handa Women's Australian Open Golf Clinic on February 12.
To enter, fill in the entry form and tell us why you want to win. Entries close at noon on Monday, February 4. Winners will be notified by phone and email.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is The Federal Capital Press of Australia, ABN No: 62 008 394 063, 9 Pirie Street, Fyshwick, ACT 2609
3. Entry is only open to ACT/NSW residents over the age of 18.
4. Entrants can only enter once.
5. Employees and their immediate families of Federal Capital Press and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
How to enter
1. The competition commences on Monday, 21 January and concludes on Monday, 4 February at noon (“the Competition Period”). Prize judging will take place at Monday, 4 February at noon.
An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
Entries are via coupon and online via www.canberratimes.com.au/competitions.
Entries must be complete and include a written response to the competition question and a photo of the entrant playing golf.
- There are ten prize winners. Prize winners will receive a place for themselves and a female partner at the Official 2013 Handa Australia Open Golf Golf Clinic. The Golf Clinic will be held at Royal Canberra Golf Club on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 at 3pm.
10. Prize is not redeemable for cash. If the recipient is unable to attend on this date, the prize is transferable.
11. In participating in the prize, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
How to win
- Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period and registered all details in accordance with clauses 6, 7 and 8 will be entered into judging. Judging will take place at The Canberra Times, 9 Pirie Street, Fyshwick ACT 2609.
13. The prize winner will be notified by phone and email on Monday, 4 February, 2013.
14. In the event that a prize winner cannot be contacted, and all reasonable effort is made to locate the winner.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to State Legislation.
17. Federal Capital Press and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
17.1 during judging;
17.2 in the participation in any prize;
17.4 as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
17.5 due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
17.6 due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control.
18. Federal Capital Press and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
19. If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of being conducted as planned, including, but not limited, due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to State Legislation.