Fast & Furious 7 has wrapped filming and with it, Universal has posted a heartfelt message thanking fans and the movie's star Vin Diesel for helping them through the difficult shoot.
The movie was originally slated for release this month, but was postponed until next year following the sudden death of star Paul Walker last November. With the help of Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody, the sequel directed by Australian James Wan has now finished up its Los Angeles shoot.
A message from movie studio Universal Pictures has now appeared on the Fast & Furious Facebook page alongside an image of Diesel. "We made it," it reads.
It thanks fans for their ongoing support, saying the movie couldn't have gone on without them.
"There was a time when we didn't know how we could go on, or even if we should," it says. "But we listened to you, and you inspired us not only to keep going but to try and make the best FAST & FURIOUS movie yet."
It also acknowledges Diesel, who stars as Dom Toretto and produced Fast & Furious 7.
"From the start, Vin has been our leader who feels what's right for FAST in his gut and in his heart. When we had to stop production last year, Vin gathered us back together and moved us forward when we needed it most. He led us to this day."
The post goes on to talk about the Fast & Furious family, some of whom, including Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster, have been there since the very first 2001 film.
In the years since, names including Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson and now Jason Statham have joined.
"Our family is big and strong but it won't ever quite be whole again without Paul," it says. "All of us - those who've been here from the start and those whose first FAST film is 7 - wanted to create a special film for him and for you. We believe we have.
"Thank you for being there for us. You are the biggest part of our family, and we couldn't have gotten here without you."
Fast & Furious 7 releases in Australian cinemas on April 2.