Ray Hadley back on air
2GB radio presenter Ray Hadley is back behind the microphone after his wife sought and then withdrew an apprehended violence order against him and his policeman son last week.PT0M48S http://www.canberratimes.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-33gzc 620 349 February 26, 2014
Suzanne Hadley walked into Hornsby police station last Thursday and spoke with officers who then sought an AVO application on her behalf against Hadley and his police officer son, Daniel Hadley.
It's not fair for me to go on air and talk about matters that are very private.
On Friday she withdrew the application against both men.
Family difficulties: Ray Hadley with wife Suzanne. Photo: Grant Turner
Hadley had not been on air since last Thursday, calling in sick for his morning show on Friday and then excusing himself from his call of the rugby league World Club Challenge on Saturday night as he took family leave.
Sources at 2GB said it was anticipated Hadley would remain off air for the entire week but he returned on Wednesday saying it had been a tough time for his family.
"Obviously I have not been on air since last Thursday as most of you would know by now my family is going through a difficult time which is made all the more difficult for everyone involved as it's played out in the media," he said at the start of his morning show.
"That's fine for me, I'm a public figure, but my wife and four children are not."
Hadley said he would not be discussing the circumstances about what had transpired but said he had spoken with Suzanne over the weekend. He said the issue with the AVO application had now been finalised.
"The police and the court advise it's the end of the matter," Hadley said. "That's all I'll be saying because it's not fair for me to go on air and talk about matters that are very private without other people involved having the right of reply."
Hadley recently personally settled for an undisclosed amount over allegations that he bullied and threatened a 2GB colleague, digital producer Richard Palmer.