- Shane Warne 'has not signed any deal'
- I'm A Celebrity spider eating outrages
- Taking the gruelling I'm A Celebrity test
His management has denied it, but a new report claims Shane Warne is heading to the South African jungle - with some interesting conditions attached.
Warne's manager James Erskine told Fairfax last week the 46-year-old hadn't signed a deal with Ten and had turned down guest appearances on the show in the past two years.
But according to Daily Mail Australia, the cricket icon will be one of the 10 celebrities in the new series of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! premiering on Ten on Sunday.
The 46-year-old, who has a well-publicised fear of spiders, also reportedly has a clause in his contract exempting him from eating any of the eight-legged creatures.
A "showbusiness insider" also said the father-of-three was reportedly being paid much more than his I'm a Celebrity counterparts.
"Shane has a special 'no spider eating clause' in his contact," the source said.
"He's also getting more money than the rest of the stars. Most of the celebrities are believed to have got $50,000 for six weeks shooting – Warnie is believed to have got more."
The identity of the celebrities entering the gruelling jungle challenge is a heavily guarded secret, but Ten has revealed an international DJ, a comedian, a sportswoman, an AFL legend, a Hollywood actor and a 90s TV star will be amongst some of the contenders.
The series, which originated in the UK, has made headlines with its stomach-churning challenges, which include participants being dunked in elephant poo, covered in rats and forced to eat live spiders.
Warne's fear of spiders featured in a 2014 Sportingbet ad when he shrieked in horror after being confronted with an Australian bird eating spider.
More than 1000 people complained to the British telecommunications ombudsman in December last year after I'm a Celebrity UK contestant Ferne McCann was forced to eat a live spider.
According to various reports, Brendan Fevola, Jimmy Barnes, Leisel Jones and Kris Smith have all signed on to the latest Australian version.
Last year's second runner-up Chrissie Swan told Fairfax her time on the show, with no proper shelter, was one of the hardest things she's ever done.
"Our lives are easy and that show is properly hard. I lived outside for six weeks. That's hard. There was no running water. No food."
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! premieres on Ten on Sunday at 6.30pm.