Tony's Failing

Video settings

Please Log in to update your video settings

Video will begin in 5 seconds.

Video settings

Please Log in to update your video settings

Tony's Atlantic Crossing

Highlights of the PM's big trip as interpreted by Rocco Fazzari and Denis Carnahan. With apologies to Rod Stewart.

PT0M0S 620 349

Tony Abbott’s world tour has provided not just us but the rest of the world with much humour.

Luckily for us the adage that what goes on tour, stays on tour does not apply here.

Everybody has a personal highlight, ours have been condensed into the above animation.

This instalment once again features the musical talents of our resident music master Denis Carnahan drawing his inspiration from Rod Stewart.

• The Grande Finale is celebrated with the investiture in the House of Sir Wally Nobility..Traaa De Dum..Sir Rambo de Rupes, Lord Warden of the Secret Ports and Guardian of the Friary Blower will now rise to receive the Staff of Office..Traaa De Dum..The Poseidon Trident and the Three Cornered Bonnet, Fluffy Feathers-n-All..Traaa De Dum.

Geronimo
    Yippee Yi Yo
    June 13, 2014, 7:15AM
    • Roll up! Roll up for the Peta & Tonys magical mystery tour!
      Step right this way!]

Roll up, roll up for the Abbott and Peta mystery tour
      Roll up, roll up for the Abbott and Peta mystery tour
      Roll up (And that's an invitation Australia is open for business), roll up for the mystery tour
      Roll up (To make a reservation with Rupert but don't ask about climate change), roll up for the mystery tour
      Tonys magical mystery tour is waiting to take him away
      Waiting to take him away

Roll up (We've got everything you need mineral, minerals and more minerals), roll up for the mystery tour

Roll up (Satisfaction guaranteed only if you wealthy), roll up for the mystery tour
      The magical mystery tour is hoping to take him away
      Hoping to take him away

apologies to the Beatles

Buffalo Bill
      Sysneys Northshore
      June 13, 2014, 7:16AM
      • Apologies to the Beatles and the people of Australia for having this dill represent us on the world stage more like ...

sickofblueties
        June 13, 2014, 8:14AM
      • Bill
        apologies to the Beatles.... and to Indonesia, France, Canadia and the USA.

fred
        June 13, 2014, 8:15AM
      • I started a joke which started the whole world crying
        But I didn't see that the joke was on me oh no
        I started to cry which started the whole world laughing
        Oh If I'd only seen that the joke was on me

I looked at the skies running my hands over my eyes
        And I fell out of bed hurting my head from things that I said
        'Till I finally died which started the whole world living
        Oh If I'd only seen that the joke was on me

I looked at the skies running my hands over my eyes
        And I fell out of bed hurting my head from things that I said
        'Till I finally died which started the whole world living
        Oh If I'd only seen that the joke was on me
        Oh no that the joke was on me

"I started a joke", by Barry, Robin & Maurice Gibb

David Arthur
        Queensland
        June 13, 2014, 2:25PM
    • Th only thing failing is Tanya Plibersek predictions about Nigel No Friend.

Clutch Handbag hit squad
      June 13, 2014, 8:40AM
      • Yep - its a great pity that readers to this publication do not read much other material to be able to pass a more balanced view. Wonder whether they would prefer to again see Rudd/Gillard/Rudd/Shorten/Milne treading the world stage and representing us? Talk about embarrassing...

dexxter
        melbourne
        June 13, 2014, 9:09AM
      • Absolutely would dexxter. Abbott has done more to undo the international bonds formed by the previous government than any four other Prime Ministers. He is an international embarrassment and so far out of touch with the rest of the western world with maybe the exception of the other international minnow Canada that now we are being likened to Abbott himself, a backward thinking nation. Please bring back those of who you speak in such a derogatory way. Australia needs to go forward not backwards.

RTP
        Sawtell
        June 13, 2014, 9:52AM
      • Check the polls and see just who is the DUD.

Handbags wipe out incompetent monks
        June 13, 2014, 10:07AM
      • @Clutch Handbag hit squad, I don't know maybe you should ask Britain and New Zealand who quickly distanced themselves from Nigel and looking at the photo opp with Obama the US seem to want him out of there as well.

Get Real