Great hair day: Manicured manes - as seen backstage at Milan Fashion Week - need not break the bank.
In the last of our '50 best budget beauty buys' series, we bring you our choice of the top-performing, easily accessible, good value hair products out there. Lovely locks without hair-raising prices...
• Care: Pantene Pro V Deep Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner, $7.99, www.priceline.com
50 best budget beauty buys - tried and tested, accessible, good value products.
This wallet friendly shampoo and conditioner smells good and leaves hair feeling silky - which is apparently down to the deep fortifying treatment which strengthens strands from root to tip.
• Dry Shampoo: Fudge Dry Shampoo, $14.95, www.chemistdirect.com
No beauty bag is complete without this secret weapon in styling and disguising unwashed hair. Infused with spray on powder technology, spritz it to banish oil and stretch your blow dry.
• Condition: V05 Hot Oil Deep Nourishing, $6.99, www.priceline.com
This iconic hot oil is a treatment in a tiny bottle. Apply it to boost colour, improve condition and strip chlorine.
• Colour: Garnier 100% Colour, $7.50, www.bigw.com.au
This cream-gel is enriched with Vitamins B3 and B6 to enhance the condition and shine of your hair while providing glam lasting colour.
• Cover up: Oscar Blandi Pronto Colore Pen, $19.95, www.skincarestore.com.au
A godsend between colour appointments, this magic pen refreshes your shade, creates instant highlights, touches up roots and covers those grays. Say no more.
• Hair dryer: VS Sassoon Pro 2100 Dryer, $31.99, www.priceline.com.au
A hairdryer from the original stylist to the stars at this price? Whiz bang features include faster heat with less noise and tourmaline ceramic technology to reduce frizz and enhance shine.
• Styling: Schwarzkopf Extra Care Straight & Glossy Zero Frizz Creme, $7.59, www.priceline.com.au
This micro oil infused multi-tasker straightens, adds gloss and tames frizz in one hit. Simply apply and blow dry - no straightening iron required.
• Styling: David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray, $22.99, www.priceline.com.au
If texture, especially of the beach babe kind, or curls is more your thing, add this eco-friendly non-aerosol styling spray by David Babaii (he does Kate Hudson's hair) to your kit now.
• Spray: Cedel hair spray Firm, $3.99, www.priceline.com
An oldie but still a goodie, this firm hold hairspray is non-sticky so will lock in unruly strands but still brush out beautifully.
• Hair straightener: Remington Salon Style Straightener S4002, $15, www.bigw.com.au
Heating up in 30 seconds flat, ceramic coating technology equals a smooth glide, less damage and more shine. Use to straighten, add texture or curl.
Part one: skincare
Part two: body and bath
Part three: make-up and more