The third in our four-part bargain buys series, this week we bring you make-up and general beauty shopping tips. Forget expensive "miracle" products - we've scoured supermarkets and chemists to find the brands, potions and lotions that work without breaking the bank.
- Primer: NP Set Pre-Foundation Primer Set, $32.86, www.bigw.com.au
Considered a hero product among beauty editors, apply this soybean-based primer prior to foundation to enhance the appearance of the skin and help make-up stay put.
- Bronzer: Rimmel London Natural Bronzer, SPF 8, $11, www.bigw.com.au
Dust over skin and cheeks for a natural looking tan minus any damage (or shimmer).
- Powder: Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder Medium, $12.84, www.bigw.com.au
Perfect for those wanting to banish shine, this oil free loose powder will give your face a matt finish and keep make-up locked in.
- Foundation: Covergirl Advanced Radiance Age Defying Make-Up SPF, $20.95, www.priceline.com.au
The clever little multi-tasker is a foundation and anti-ageing treatment in one. Oil free and perfect for sensitive skin it also provides sun protection.
- Mineral Base: Revlon ColourStay Mineral Mousse Make Up, $17.95 (www.mybeautysecret.com.au)
This promises lasting matt coverage without looking heavy. The light as air mousse is easily applied, the minerals have skin enhancing properties and there's also inbuilt SPF.
- Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, $15.95, www.priceline.com.au
This cult classic is hypoallergenic, available in waterproof and promises to condition as it plumps for knockout lashes without clumps.
- Concealer: L'Oreal True Match Magique Concealer, $21.72, www.bigw.com.au
An affordable take on YSL Touche Eclat, this twist-top pen with soft brush applicator helps correct dark circles, hide imperfections and highlight where needed.
- Blush: Australis Crème Colour for cheeks and lips, $9.95, www.priceline.com.au
A blush and lip gloss at once, what's not to love? Infused with shea butter and conditioning coconut oil and macadamia seed oil, glide over cheeks and lips for a sheer glossy wash of colour.
- Eyeshadow: Face of Australia Colour Max Eyeshadow Palette, $10.95, www.priceline.com.au
This eye palette contains four highly wearable mineral rich pigments that glide over lids to provide chic lasting coverage.
- Nail Polish: Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Enamel Double Deccker Red Nails, $2.84, www.bigw.com.au
The search for a classic red ends here. Paint on fingers and toes for sexy fashion cred.
- Lipstick: Innoxa Class Colour Lipstick, $14.95, www.priceline.com.au
Infused with minerals and sunscreen this little gem is like a treatment for the lips. Available in assorted shades, it conditions as it leaves a wash of vibrant colour.
- Lip gloss: Natio Antioxidant Lip Shine, 15ml, $11.95, www.priceline.com.au
This dual-action gloss contains the moisturising benefits of a balm (as well as delicious fruit extracts), with the sex appeal of gloss.
- Eye liner: L'Oreal Infalliable Eyeliner, $15, www.bigw.com.au
Auto-retractable functionality means no need to sharpen and the soft formula glides on and blends easily so you can go as soft or dramatic as you like.
- Brows: Almay Brow Defining Pencil, $20.95, www.priceline.com.au
Good brows are a secret weapon in anti-ageing (really) so groom, infill and nourish them with this hypoallergenic vitamin E and aloe vera-rich pencil.
- All-purpose oil: Bio oil, $17.95, www.chemistdirect.com.au
Keep a bottle of this dry oil on hand at all times. Turbo charged with healing vitamins A and E, calendula, lavender and chamomile, it works miracles on scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, burns and aged skin.
- Foot Cream: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream, $7.95, www.chemistdirect.com
Soothe tired, dry, sore feet with this glycerin-rich cream, which will bring back the smoothness and prevent dry patches.
- Hand Cream: Essentials Lanolin Cream, $4.95, www.paylesschemists.com.au
Even the top manicurists use this little gem, which is made from pure natural lanolin and is so seriously rich it will instantly condition hands and cuticles. It also provides hydration and healing for sore lips, cracked heels, nappy rash and irritated skin.
- Fragrance: Lush Gorilla Perfume in Lust, $39.95/27g, www.lush.com.au
You'll seriously rethink your perception of Lush when you try this heady scent. With a pure jasmine top note, it is also infused with natural floral oils of ylang ylang and rose and the seductive scent of sandalwood and vanilla. And it lasts.
- Wax: Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll-On Kit, $29.95, www.priceline.com.au
DIY waxing is painless, hassle and mess free thanks to this new self-heating roll on waxing system. Promising a salon style result, the device heats up to the perfect temperature while dispensing an even thin layer of wax onto skin. Apply to legs, underarms and bikini and simply strip off.
- Sweat problem: Sweax, $4.50, www.chemistdirect.com
Say bye bye to smelly pits, embarrassing sweat marks on your clothes, and hefty dry cleaning bills thanks to these genius under arm liners (not exactly glam but a godsend for sweaters). Simply adhere to the underarm of your garment (no one will suspect a thing) and the other soft absorbent side sits on your pits to soak up sweat.
Next week: hair
Part one: skincare
Part two: body and bath