Katy Perry embraces 3D acne

Striving for authenticity ... Katy Perry.

Striving for authenticity ... Katy Perry.

Katy Perry has teased it's "not exciting" to see her acne in 3D.

The songstress is currently promoting her movie Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D, in which she documents life on the road and her personal struggles along the way.

Perry is seen sporting a fresh faced look in the film. She cringes at some of the scenes, but believes it's important to show fans her less-than-glamorous every day look.

"I kept a lot of those scenes in where I am not looking all done up and looking pretty exhausted. And my acne is in 3D, which is not exciting!" she laughed in an interview with British newspaper The Sun.

"I think it's time to break down the wall of fakeness regarding Hollywood because it's not realistic."

Perry loves dressing up in eccentric attire and boasting bold make-up for her signature quirky stage shows.

However, the star insists keeping up this look isn't pragmatic and gives the wrong impression, so is just as comfortable goings sans make-up.

"No one could walk out of their house being flawless and having all these material possessions. It is not cool to paint that picture all the time. I think it's great to dress up and play on all the girly features," she added.

"But at the end of the day, I am pretty plain Jane when I go to bed and wake up. I am just a simple girl who had a dream and basically hustled the whole way here."

CM

• Katy Perry is one of the faces of ProActiv - I got sucked into buying that when I saw her "flawless" skin :(

mista
    July 06, 2012, 11:10AM
    • No one has flawless skin. It's photoshop or makeup. Surely this is common knowledge by now. And the ad shows her with outbreaks and bad skin, albeit covered in makeup.

Richard
      July 06, 2012, 11:54AM
    • @ mista, it is a lark isn't it?? That company sells false dreams and should be shut down. If Katy was worth her salt she would say it is crap also.

Irish gal
      July 06, 2012, 12:32PM
  • I bet at the beginning of the day, she's even worse.

trooper
    Sa Kaeo, Thailand
    July 06, 2012, 11:45AM
    • If you have acne, don't waste your money on other products that do not work (such as Proactive) - cut the crap, and go straight to prescribed Roaccutane from your doctor for guaranteed results.

Acne survivor
      July 06, 2012, 2:01PM
      • Roaccutane is only for extreme cases of acne and should not be used unless under strict guidance. In woman it can cause birth defects and you must be on the pill - it is a government regulation. It also drys everything, your eyes, your nose, your mother and also other areas which I'm not sure are appropriate to be mentioned here. Your doctor can advise a more appropriate medication than the very severe roaccutane. And yes, this information is from experience.

Shelley
        July 06, 2012, 3:54PM
      • Ditto to the 2 comments above. Roaccutane does give marvelous results and one is warned repeatedly by the dermatologist to stick to the procedural guidelines. The dry components can easily be rectified by fantastic products on the market so don't let that scare you off. I haven't looked back.

Guest
        July 06, 2012, 5:25PM
      • A doctor will probably prescribe a low antibiotic such as Doxycycline before they will try Roaccutane for these reasons. Sometimes acne is caused by bacteria which, in modern times, is common and can't be rid of by any kind of skin care or healthy regimen. I have never heard of any positive experiences using Proactiv. There is a lot to be said for a healthy diet, lots of water, gentle skincare and ditching the make up as often as you can. Anyone that cakes themselves in make up, eats processed foods and slathers their face with chemicals, thinking that they will then have great skin is kidding themselves!

C
        July 06, 2012, 5:28PM
    • Oops that should have read dries out your mouth, not your mother.

Shelley
      July 06, 2012, 3:59PM
      • thanks for the clarification - I was wondering how skin care could dry out my mother!

azhdragon