Makeup tips from Kate Moss

Less is more ... don't let makeup overwhelm your features, advises Kate Moss.

Less is more ... don't let makeup overwhelm your features, advises Kate Moss.

Kate Moss says good moisturisers and facials are the key to youthful skin.

The 38-year-old supermodel says there are some easy ways to stop the signs of ageing.

"I just use a really good moisturiser regularly and sunscreen. I also love to have a facial when I have the time and I drink lots of water," she told the latest edition of UK InStyle magazine.

Moss has a few rules when it comes to looking glamorous.

"In the day, I keep it simple and then at night, I like to go for either a strong eye or lip, but not both together. Make-up should enhance your natural features, not overpower them," she said.

"I love natural beauty looks, but I'll glam it up a little if I'm heading out with my girlfriends depending on where we are going. I'll either wear a light beige or a glamorous shiny bright red lipstick."

Moss, who has posed for many top fashion labels has picked up some tips along the way. She shared what two top make-up artists taught her.

"I've picked up a few! Pat McGrath taught me how to contour and Dick Page taught me to blot excess lip colour with my fingers and dab it on my cheeks for an instant glow," she explained.

CM

• "Dick Page taught me to blot excess lip colour with my fingers and dab it on my cheeks for an instant glow"
    Well blow me down, if Kate couldn't work out how to rub her finger on her lipsticked lips and smudge it on her cheeks. Does she similarly need help and instructions on breathing? And I thought this article might have some meaningful "tips". I guess I should consider myself lucky to be able to breathe without an instruction or guide.

Allybelly
    Hobart TAS
    May 03, 2012, 1:17PM
    • What about 20 years worth of smoking cigarettes and snorting cocaine?

loz
      May 03, 2012, 1:47PM
      • Nothing a few trowels of slop and a good airbrushing won't fix

Bob
        May 03, 2012, 5:02PM
    • How old is Kate these days? In this pic she looks about 55.Her tatas are hanging down to her waist! finally the smoking & long term coke fuelled anorexia are catching up. Great beauty tips there.

Kira
      May 03, 2012, 5:23PM
      • I gather she is stealing modelling gigs from you?
        So much hate.....

Looksoktome
        May 07, 2012, 11:46AM
      • You must be VERY young - and possibly you smoke and don't know the damage it does to skin tone and texture. Do you remember how stunning Kate Moss was BEFORE she used the cocaine diet and smoked like a chimney? (i.e. before she dated the punk band bf who was in & out of jail) She was Gorgeous. Unfortunately these lifestyle choices cause premature ageing. Kate Moss isn't even 40 yet. That was my point. No 'hate' (why would I waste my time?) Just an observation.

Kira
        May 08, 2012, 5:57PM
    • You guys crack me up. The comments are ten times more entertaining than the article, which - let's face it - contains zero new information. Yawn.
      Gee, she drinks lots of water? Hm, let me guess: She also eats whatever she likes, never exercises, was a dork at school and has Tolstoi on her Kindle. Oh, and if she hadn't gone into modelling, she would have studied law. (In other words, the standard dribble all models will tell you in an interview.)

SpottyKat
      May 03, 2012, 7:15PM
      • What happened to her chest?

Kel