Monica Bellucci: wrinkles better than plastic

All natural ... Monica Bellucci prefers wrinkles to "plastic face".

All natural ... Monica Bellucci prefers wrinkles to "plastic face".

Monica Bellucci says wrinkles are better than having a "plastic face".

Bellucci thinks actresses should resist cosmetic surgery as they need to convey expression on their faces.

"Wrinkles are better than a plastic face," she told the Italian edition of Vanity Fair.

"I only did a vitamin treatment once. I don't like the idea of someone touching my face and, honestly, I think it is quite dangerous for an actress."

Bellucci relies on natural remedies to maintain her youthful glow. The 47-year-old Italian star doesn't worry about the ageing process and would rather mature gracefully.

"Menopause? I'm mentally ready, and I'm not afraid," she said.

"I am a huge supporter of homeopathy. I'll try the natural treatments first of all and only later I'll see if I need the traditional hormone therapies."

Bellucci is currently starring in Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer advertising campaign and has collaborated with the luxe label on a new lipstick line.

The collection boasts six colours named after the star - Only Monica, Natural Monica, Chic Monica, Italian Monica, Magnetic Monica and Attractive Monica.

CM

• She lost me at homeopathy...

sane man
    melbourne
    April 30, 2012, 12:35PM
    • Ditto. I will never be able to enjoy her photos without thinking she is a bit dippy.

Chizzah
      Maribyrnong
      April 30, 2012, 12:59PM
    • The one thing about homeopathy is that it is harmless, at least as a beauty treatment. It's only when you hope it'll treat some thing like cancer or if you use it as a substitute for vaccines.
      As for the plastic surgery, she's right. There are some horrific outcomes out there. Just saw Sigourney Weaver on Avatar the other day, she used to be so attractive, but what has she done to herself?

What chance?
      April 30, 2012, 1:29PM
    • So homeopathy is good enough for the British Royal Family and the Swiss Government, but not for you?

"In late 2011, the Swiss government's report on homeopathic medicine represents the most comprehensive evaluation of homeopathic medicine ever written by a government and was just published in book form in English (Bornhoft and Matthiessen, 2011). This breakthrough report affirmed that homeopathic treatment is both effective and cost-effective and that homeopathic treatment should be reimbursed by Switzerland's national health insurance program."

Have you ever tried it???

Jess
      April 30, 2012, 2:08PM
    • Jess, you could at least be honest enough to note that quote (which you don't credit, it comes from HuffPo), was written by a homeopath.

Simon Singh went through much the same data and concluded otherwise. How much about the placebo effect have you read?

photondancer
      April 30, 2012, 2:33PM
    • Jess, I don't think that one positive report from the Swiss Government (which firstly focused on the cost effectiveness of homeopathic treatment rather than its efficacy) out ways the very much larger number of reports, from governments (including the British Govt.), as well as scientific researchers, that can find no evidence that homeopathic treatments are any more effective than placebos.

As for the British Royal Family, I don't know that they are renowned for their piercing insights into comparative merits of various techniques for treating illness. The fact that they are Royal doesn't qualify as noteworthy their opinions on any subject, except possibly the history of European hereditary dynasties.

S. David
      April 30, 2012, 2:47PM
    • Homeopathy is just for the stupid, shame Monica, shame

detritus
      April 30, 2012, 3:46PM
    • @Saneman - ditto again.
      @Jess - homeopathy has been discredited time and again, if you believe in the healing effects of magical water one would have to doubt your intelligence, and possibly your sanity.

Mbo
      April 30, 2012, 5:33PM
    • @Jess
      Have I ever tried homeopathy?

Sure, I had a glass of water just a minute ago.

yossarian
      May 01, 2012, 6:37AM
    • What is the fear and loathing towards homoeopathy about?

Commentators Sane Man, Chizzah and Detritus all seem to think that Monica Bellucci is worse off for using homoeopathy, but I bet that none of them are [or will be] still as beautiful as she is at the age of 47.

WillD