Maria Shriver has reportedly had another meeting with her high profile divorce lawyer, fuelling expectations she will file by the end of the week for divorce from her husband of 25 years, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Laura Wasser met with Shriver at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills, California - where the former journalist is staying - for a morning meeting on Thursday, celebrity news website TMZ.com reported.
Well it must be true... the Arnie rumours
Rare 1700's instruments to tour Australia
Wheel of Fortune painful fail
A frenzied start to Cannes
Celebrity Apprentice result still online
Green Guide 5: What's tops on TV
The Scream auctioned at record price
Greg Ham's final farewell
Well it must be true... the Arnie rumours
Since his split with Maria Shriver who found out her husband had fathered a child to their housekeeper, rumous have been rife about Arnie's past.
Ms Wasser represented Robyn Moore during her divorce from Mel Gibson, as well as Angelina Jolie, Ryan Reynolds, Spike Jonze and Britney Spears.
The visit comes as tabloid reports swirl with speculation about the size of the settlement Shriver may seek, rumours of criminal investigations into Schwarzenegger's behaviour, and further allegations of infidelity.
London's Evening Standard speculated that Shriver, 55, could seek a $238 million slice of the former power couple's estimated $477 million fortune.
"While it is believed that the couple signed a pre-nuptial agreement, Shriver may challenge it in the light of her husband's infidelity and length of their marriage," the Standard reported.
"Instead, they would then have to split their net worth, in line with Californian law."
The couple, who have four children together, announced their amicable separation on May 9.
Less than a week later the Los Angeles Times reported that Schwarzenegger, 63, fathered a child with the family's housekeeper, Mildred "Patty" Baena, 14 years ago.
Shriver described the revelation as "painful and heartbreaking".
"As a mother my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal," she said in a statement on May 17.
"I will have no further comment."
Since then a flood of salacious rumour and speculation has made it on to the news and web pages of news media around the world.
Most recently the National Enquirer ran a story featuring a William Taylor, who claimed to have been head of security at a hotel to which Schwarzenegger brought multitudes of young women.
"On three different occasions after the governor arrived alone at the Hyatt Regency, CHP Dignitary Protection Services arrived in their official vehicles - black Ford Crown Sedans - about one to two hours later with one or two young female adults," Taylor told the Enquirer, in comments reproduced in the Daily Mail.
"They'd hurriedly escort the women through the service entrance on the second floor parking garage to the elevator that went to the governor's private wing.
"The women looked between 18- to 25-years-old, blonde and scantily dressed in club wear."
That bombshell was quickly followed by a report the California Attorney General's office was mulling an inquiry into the former governor's use of state resources.
"The Attorney General's office told RadarOnline.com 'there will be no comment' about the probe, a criminal matter, however multiple department sources have confirmed the decision," the celebrity news website reported on Thursday.
The San Francisco Chronicle has cast doubt on both reports, quoting the Hyatt Regency's general manager saying a "William Taylor" had never worked at the Sacramento hotel.
The Chronicle also reported it had confirmed with "multiple sources" within the Attorney General's office that no investigation into Schwarzenegger's extra-curricular exploits existed.
Earlier in the week, the ex-husband of Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper Baena gave an emotional television interview in America.
He told Entertainment Tonight that Schwarzenegger was a "hero" of his and he felt betrayed by both people.
Ms Baena's legal team has strenuously denied most claims made in the interview, reportedly saying that Mr Baena knew all along that he did not father the boy.
And the actress Jane Seymour, who said she had heard of at least two more children that Schwarzenegger had fathered with different women, has since said she was misquoted and regretted making the comments.
Follow this reporter on Twitter @geerob