It's a hefty title, but someone had to be singled out, above all others, as having simply the most fabulous clothes on the planet.
The gong goes to Gwyneth Paltrow - or at least it does in People's eyes.
Gwyneth Paltrow: world's best dressed
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow's sleek, simple style has won her the accolade of People magazine's World's Best Dressed.
The magazine has named the actress as the world's best dressed woman, outshining all other Hollywood starlets, moneyed princesses and glitterati to clinch the crown.
The 39-year-old's neat, if at times prim, style has wowed the gossip magazine - and her svelte body, it goes without saying, has played its part.
The blonde has dazzled in hot pink Prada, blushed in (very daring) sleek white Emilio Pucci and turned heads in green sequinned Elie Saab.
She's been criticised for not dressing her age and has been celebrated for giving some of the more daring designs out there a whirl - and has proved that midriffs can look both elegant and glamorous on the red carpet.
Not that there hasn't been the odd sartorial error, it must be noted. Mrs Chris Martin's side-boob flash at this year's Met Ball was enough to push an already-revealing handkerchief of a gown into fashion faux pas territory (although we applaud its fun factor) while we all remember the powder pink Oscars monstrosity that had even Gwynny in tears back when Shakespeare in Love swept the board.
But there were other categories in the magazine awards, too - and Paltrow, as lovely a dresser as she may be, was not singled out for her High Fashion, Classic or Red Carpet styles. Those awards went to Diane Kruger, Kate Middleton - who is nothing if not demure - and Spiderman star Emma Stone respectively.
Kim Kardashian and her gaggle of sisters were heralded as the world's top trend-setters - not that there are enough Kanyes to go round - and Miranda Kerr's on-trend street style did not go unnoticed.
Baby bumps can pose a problem for a diva, but Reese Witherspoon seems to have got it right and was awarded the Best Pregnancy Style gong, while Rihanna, never one to shun the limelight, took the Best Risk-Taking Style title.
The magazine gave a nod to men, too. Its best dressed males list saw Andrew Garfield, Brad Pitt, Robert Pattinson, Jay-Z, Aussie brothers Chris and Liam Hemsworth and Colin Firth all recognised for their services to guys' style.
People magazine's 10 best-dressed stars:
1. Gwyneth Paltrow: World's Best Dressed Woman (chosen by the editors of People)
2. Diane Kruger: Best High Fashion Style (chosen by Pamela Edwards Christiani, People style & beauty editor)
3. Kate Middleton: Best Classic Style (chosen by designer Janie Bryant)
4. Emma Stone: Best Red Carpet Style (chosen by Giuliana Rancic)
5. Jessica Alba: Best Jeans Style (chosen by Lauren Conrad)
6. Rihanna: Best Risk-Taking Style (chosen by Man Repeller blogger Leandra Medine)
7. Jennifer Lawrence: Best Under 25 Style (chosen by College Fashion editor Zephyr Basine)
8. Reese Witherspoon: Best Pregnancy Style (chosen by Camila McConaughey)
9. Miranda Kerr: Best Street Style (chosen by Who What Wear editors Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power)
10. The Kardashians: Best Trend-Setting Style (chosen by Simon Doonan)