Teen heartthrob Justin Bieber has stolen Lady Gaga's Twitter crown.
The 18-year-old singer became the most popular person on Twitter when he surpassed 33,315,000 followers.
Bieber took over from Gaga, who had been atop the Twitter roost since 2010 when she took over from Britney Spears, who is now ranked sixth.
Katy Perry is the third most popular Twitter user with 31.5 million followers, then Rihanna with 28 million and Barack Obama with 26 million.
It's not just Bieber's Twitter account, which gains an average of 40,000 new followers each day, that has caused a stir.
Bieber recently posted a photo of himself mooning on Instagram, which attracted 86,000 "likes" before it was taken down.
He also made headlines when entertainment news site TMZ posted images they showed the Baby singer allegedly smoking marijuana, following a disturbing #cutforbieber hashtag began trending on Twitter, believed to have been started as a prank by users of the 4chan bulletin board website.
The singer, who has come of age in the spotlight, hit the news again recently when his former bodyguard alleged the teen had assaulted him and announced he was suing Bieber.
In Australia, it's not a sparkling celebrity that tops the list, but rather former prime minister Kevin Rudd with almost 1.2 million users.
According to twitaholic.com, Rudd tops the list, followed by the Australian-born and now Phillipines-based actress Jasmine Curtis-Smith with over 900,000 followers, rugby player Quade Cooper with 600,000 followers.
Next up is World Vision Australia head of digital Alister Cameron with 470,000 followers and in at fifth place is a spoof account for the movie TED with 430,000 followers.
1. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) 33,314,000
2. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) 33,313,000
3. Katy Perry (@katyperry) 31.5 million
4. Rihanna (@rihanna) 27.9 million
5. Barack Obama (@BarackObama) 26.1 million
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears)23.3 million
7. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) 23.1 million
8. YouTube (@YouTube) 22.2 million
9. Shakira (@shakira) 19.4 million
10. Kim Kardashian (@KimKardashian) 17.2 million
11. Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) 16.2 million
12. Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) 16.1 million
13. Twitter (@twitter) 15.8 million
14. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake) 15.7 million
15. Nicki Minaj (@NICKIMINAJ) 15.6 million
16. Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) 15.5 million
17. Bruno Mars (@BrunoMars) 14.7 million
18. Instagram (@instagram) 14.6 million
19. Kaka (@KAKA) 14.1 million
20. Jennifer Lopez (@JLo) 14.1 million