Cameron Diaz: I love ageing

Fit for middle-aged life ... Cameron Diaz turns 40 this year.

Fit for middle-aged life ... Cameron Diaz turns 40 this year.

Cameron Diaz has no problem with ageing as she used to dream of being 40.

The Hollywood actress, who turns 40 in August, doesn't understand why people worry about their advancing years.

"I would never be 25 years old again! I think it is silly to wish for that sort of thing. I am not afraid about being 40. When I was 20, I wanted to be 30. When I was 30, I dreamed about being 40," she told Vanity Fair Italy.

"I love ageing, because I like the experience that comes with age. Unfortunately our society doesn't value that kind of thing. I always loved people older than me. I loved my grandparents."

Diaz is regularly asked how she manages to look so fit given her age, but says there is no magic secret to keeping in shape.

"I look younger than my age because I do exercise daily," she said. "I have always been sporty, ever since I was 20. Fitness is part of my life."

"You must do it every day. I need to practice even when I'm travelling for a job."

CM

• yeah Cameron. Its all good if you are a beauty as I was - UNTIL you hit menopause. Then your body changes, your flesh puckers, your lips shrivel, your breasts flatten- your skin coarsens - its horrible. No two ways about it.

jackie -o
    perth
    April 10, 2012, 6:05PM
    • @Jackie Does HRT help?

sunflower
      April 11, 2012, 2:46AM
    • Cameron will have enough cash to minimise these problems with the help of experts.

Jen
      April 11, 2012, 7:00AM
    • Don't know what you are all talking about, Cameron looks a lot OLDER than (nearly) 40 - don't wish too hard!

nicko
      April 11, 2012, 9:21AM
    • I am 51 and have been going through menopause for the past 4 years. I am fitter now than what I was in my 30's, my breasts have not flattened at all, maybe its because of the weights training I do. I have a weekly oxigenated facial so my skin is smooth and soft. My lips stay moist (thank you to the pawpaw lotion).
      Menopause has slowed me down a bit, I go to the gym 4 days a week instead of 6, but I still work hard to look after myself. Instead of going home to the tv after work I go to the gym. Instead of eating comfort food I try and eat healthy. Its bad habits that assist with ageing.

Chrissie
      Queens Park
      April 11, 2012, 11:13AM
  • So true, Jackie-o; let's hear what Cameron has to say approaching 50. I had a dream run until I hit 48 - looked way younger than I was, could eat what I wanted, had plenty of attention from men, couldn't understand what was so hard about staying in shape...now I know. Enjoy it while you can...I hit menopause early, you might get away with it until say, 51, but it will happen.

Morgan Le
    April 10, 2012, 7:27PM
    • There are far too many arrogant, over-entitled people who coast on their looks. Sounds like the universe balances its books.

Flenz
      April 11, 2012, 11:41AM
    • @fienz

Agreed. A lesson to us all male and female to develop other deeper qualities.

blogster
      April 11, 2012, 12:57PM
  • It's all well & good if you can afford all the latest cosmetic treatments, but as for the rest of us mere mortals, all we can look forward to is being unfavourably compared to the likes of Ms Diaz & co!

mj
    Perth
    April 10, 2012, 7:27PM
    • What a crock. Get rid of the boobs and the botox and then let's see how much you like ageing.

Miss M