- Bachelorette's Michael Turnbull breaks up with single mum girlfriend
- Socceroo claims of The Bachelorette contestant Michael Turnbull inflated
After claiming to be "bullied" after his appearance on The Bachelorette Australia, Michael Turnbull has decided to launch a self-help website in a bid to help others going through the same experience.
Michael Turnbull and girlfriend 'no longer together'
Single mum Katrina Vincent has taken to instagram to announce the end of relationship with former Bachelorette contestant, Michael Turnbull.
The 35-year-old opened up to Fairfax on Wednesday about how the reality TV show – in which he starred alongside Sam Frost – "totally brought out a lot of bullying".
"I had a lot of people quick to judge and put me down and these are people that I have never even met before," the ex-goalkeeper said.
"The comments ranged from my dress sense, to me not smiling through the show, to soccer stuff, to not having any emotion – a whole bunch of different stuff.
"I was really opened up to a lot of negativity, but I've got a thick skin."
Turnbull suffered a public backlash when he claimed on national television that the highlight of his career was "playing for Australia and the Socceroos and also the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000", however, it was later revealed he never went on to play for the Socceroos. He did represent Australia on three occasions, but at youth level and was an unused substitute for the Sydney Olympics.
Another person who has publicly slammed Turnbull is reality star-turned-radio presenter, Frost, for whom he once declared his love. The 26-year-old, who was previously engaged to be married to controversial Bachelor Blake Garvey, told Turnbull "to get a grip" after he jokingly suggested they had been secretly exchanging texts behind her current boyfriend Sasha Mielczarek's back.
But her comments haven't fazed the sportsman and he downplayed the incident to Fairfax, saying: "I think Sam has got a lot of people influencing her".
Turnbull also addressed allegations that he dumped short-term girlfriend and single mother-of-one, Katrina Vincent, because she had a daughter.
"Ok so for all of you who have been asking ... Michael and I are no longer together," Brisbane-based Vincent, 30, wrote alongside two pictures of her two-year-old, Ava, recently on Instagram. "He ended up deciding he doesn't want to date a person with a child. I am embarrassed and humiliated, I wish I didn't trust him so easily. Oh well you always learn from your mistakes."
He described the eyebrow specialist's comments as a "lie", adding "she's entitled to her opinion."
"It wasn't meant to be unfortunately ... You don't know until you give it go ... I would like to think we could remain friends," he said, but added he preferred not to stay in touch with her toddler Eva because it's "not the right thing to do."
"I'll probably stay away from Eva and let her deal with her two-year-old," he added.
Despite being single ever since the break-up, he has taken his name out of the running to fill Sam Wood's shoes in the next season of The Bachelor.
"I am not interested in doing The Bachelor. I really want to focus on the website stuff as opposed to going on another reality TV show. I have too much stuff going on and I want to focus on stuff that is a bit more important," he said.
"It does take a big chunk of your life and very time-consuming," he added.
He thinks last year's Bachelorette stars Alex Cameron and Richie Strahan would be ideal for the role, while Dave Billsborrow would have been a shoo-in if he wasn't dating Frost's best friend and roommate, Sarah-Mae Amey.
The upcoming site that he plans to launch later this month and dubbed the same name as his beloved but exhausted hashtag is mychealsquad.com, which he described as a "place to inspire, help and motivate others."
"I have a loyal following, who ask me a lot of questions and advice on sport, business, fitness etc, so I thought it might be better to put all information in one area."
There will also be an "ask Michael" section for those who have burning questions for the singleton. And although he says the website is taking up "a lot" of his time, the retired soccer player won't be giving up his real estate or technology businesses any time soon.