Taylor Swift: the next Kennedy wife?

"Awesome" ... Taylor Swift gets the Kennedy family seal of approval.

"Awesome" ... Taylor Swift gets the Kennedy family seal of approval. Photo: Getty Images

The Kennedy family matriarchs are elated pop star Taylor Swift is dating one of their clan.

The 22-year-old singer and Conor Kennedy, 18, are going steady.

Conor's grandmother Ethel Kennedy and aunt Rory Kennedy couldn't be happier, saying everyone in the Kennedy clan is a Swift fan.

"She's awesome," Rory Kennedy said on Wednesday at the Television Critics Association summer tour in Beverly Hills. "She's a great friend of all of ours."

Swift became a friend of the family when Rory Kennedy took her two daughters to one of the singer's performances.

"Rory went to a concert with her two little girls, and that's what started it all: her children," Ethel revealed.

Should Swift and Conor Kennedy consider walking down the aisle in the future, his grandmother would give her blessing.

"We should be so lucky," Ethel Kennedy said.

Swift has reportedly been "swept off her feet".

She and her beau have been seen frolicking all over Westchester County in New York and at the Kennedy compound in Massachusetts.

CM

• So which one needs the prenup?

Daggett
    CBD
    August 02, 2012, 3:26PM
    • Apparently Jackie O had a prenup that indicated if she caught any STD from JFKs fooling around she got a whopping pay out. The story goes that Bobby's wife was miffed that she missed out on the same payout.

If she wants to marry someone from a family known for cheating on their wives she isn't as smart as she thinks.

AndyHo
      August 02, 2012, 5:09PM
  • Yo, Taylor. I’m really happy for you; I’mma let you finish. But Beyonce had one of the best music videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time! And she should be the next Kennedy!

Dirk
    August 02, 2012, 3:43PM
    • Too funny :-)

cosifantutti
      August 02, 2012, 4:38PM
  • She'd best be careful of the Kennedy Curse - look what happened to Caroline Besset.

Chanteuse
    August 02, 2012, 4:31PM
    • Yes indeed, that was my very first thought!!

Pbb
      August 02, 2012, 10:15PM
  • Who wrote this article? References too 'going steady', being 'swept off her feet' and being seen 'frolicking' are straight out of a Mills and Boon book. I haven't heard of anyone 'going steady' since the 80's. I think the modern turn of phrase is 'hooked up'....

Dirk's comment from 3:43 pm had me laughing, giving away to my colleages the fact that I'm not working right now but instead reading the paper and couting the minutes,

Richo
    Nanny State
    August 02, 2012, 4:38PM
    • I was about to comment that I found it hilarious that the term "going steady" was used.

MC
      Melb
      August 03, 2012, 11:29AM
  • She really has a thing for younger men....!!!

Pink
    August 02, 2012, 4:47PM
    • Being a Kennedy spouse is a poisoned chalice if ever there was.

Growler