Tori Spelling: too pregnant, too soon

Not feeling so great ... Tori Spelling pregnant with fourth child.

Not feeling so great ... Tori Spelling pregnant with fourth child.

Tori Spelling's mother Candy says her daughter doesn't feel so great with her fourth pregnancy.

The reality star conceived her latest child just over a month after having daughter Hattie eight months ago.

But Candy says although she's "thrilled" at the prospect of becoming a grandmother again, she thinks Tori and husband Dean McDermott should have had a bigger gap.

More on the way ... Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott with children, Jack, Liam and Stella.

"She's expecting on my birthday, September 20," Candy told In Touch. "But it's going to be a caesarean, so she's going to have it earlier.

"She's felt great through all her pregnancies, but she doesn't feel so great through this one."

Spelling conceived just six weeks after giving birth to her third child, Hattie, who joined big brother Liam, five, and sister Stella, four.

"It was a little soon," Candy said. "Her body didn't get back in shape, so I think it's a lot for her."

CM

• Too Pregnant? You either are or you're not.

And Four times? Poor bloke.

Paul
    June 13, 2012, 5:03PM
    • Poor bloke? Please explain...

Sally
      June 14, 2012, 9:20AM
  • I think Tori has enough to worry about without her mother making unhelpful comments to the media.

Zip it, Candy!

SmittenKitten
    June 13, 2012, 5:57PM
    • I can understand how she feels. I have had 3 children in 3 years (2009, 2010 & 2011) and 6 months since the birth of my last child, I am struggling emotionally and physically.

It is not only physically exhausting caring for infants 24 hours, 7 days a week, it is also so demanding on the body - growing children and the rigours of childbirth.

I noticed it took me longer to recovery after the third c section. The sleep deprivation with a reflux baby is awful.

I suppose the only thing working in Tori Spelling's favour, is her immense wealth can afford her nannies and carers and cooks for her children and household. On a tight income, it would be harder to be in her position, especially when trying to maintain some part time employment from home.

dianav
      Perth
      June 13, 2012, 5:59PM
      • I'm with you there Dianav... Good luck! I'm sure it'll pay off for you in spades in the future, but it must be tough right now.

Irene
        June 13, 2012, 7:44PM
      • @dianav: I hope things are improving for you. We've had some 'conversations' on these blogs a few months ago.

Even only having one (inc a caesar then complications though) I struggled, mostly due to the fact that I was self employed and thought I could fit the work around the baby. All that happened was that I didn't do justice to the baby, the business or myself.

Take care.

bornagirl
        June 13, 2012, 7:50PM
      • So why did you have three children in three years + another one on top when you know you are struggling?? Seriously...This makes me so angry. What is your reasoning behind this exactly?

gixxa
        June 14, 2012, 7:35AM
      • Oh dear, you poor thing. That is an awful lot to take on in such a short space of time. I can sympathise as with my 3rd, my husband now does all night time getting up as I just physically cant. And mine are spaced over 8 years so you're doing well! Wont be long and they'll be no longer babies and one off to school, and you can then take a few breaths and actually enjoy a few extra moments through the day.

Rachael
        June 14, 2012, 9:50AM
      • Hi gixxa

I fell pregnant naturally after being advised by the doctors that I would need IVF. Each pregnancy came as a shock and at the same time, privilege. Due to that, I did not terminate.

Dianav
        Perth
        June 14, 2012, 11:20AM
      • I had my 3 boys in just over 3 years - 22 months between the first two and 15 months between 2 and 3. It is exhausting.
        Why did it happen? Because it did and I can't take the pill without complications. You can be as careful as you like, but, well, there you go.
        Dianav, I would humbly suggest that the next time you are in the doctors with one of the kids that you ask for some simple blood tests to be taken and discuss your symptoms with him or her. You may well be run down, or there could be other things in play.
        Good luck! Before you know it your kids will be in their late 20s.

Robyn