Kate Moss: I'll never dress like a wife

Jamie Hince and Kate Moss sighted visiting a jewellery shop , 2011. Click for more photos

Kate's rocking style

Kate "I'll never dress like a wife" Moss and her rock star style. Photo: Getty

Kate Moss has never been tempted to wear something horrible just to see if she can make it fashionable.

The British model is one of the most trend-setting stars around, with women the world over flocking to copy her style - but Moss sees that as a big compliment and doesn't worry that having people mirror her look means she isn't unique any more.

"People try and tempt me to do that. They're like, 'Everyone will be copying it and it will be hilarious. Do it!' But I'm not tempted," she told the British edition of Grazia.

"Are they gonna put it in all the magazines? Ha! But no. I haven't done it on purpose anyway."

Moss, who used to design a collection for Topshop, said she loved seeing young girls wearing her pieces. If she ever drove past teenagers in her designs she'd roll down the window and shout at them, which they usually couldn't believe.

The 38-year-old star's wardrobe is extensive and she finds it hard to part with items which have sentimental value.

"I do [lose track of things]. Things go missing. I'm like, 'Where's that? Is it in the country, is it in London, is it in storage?' There's systems. Of jeans. And longs. And shorts, blacks and coloureds," she said.

"[I didn't devise the system.] I had to have professional help, because there's like too. Much. Stuff! And I find it really hard to edit. I'm like, 'Oh! I don't want to let it go!' They're like, 'No! You're never going to wear that! Put it away. So, I put it away."

Moss told the magazine that marrying the Kills rocker Jamie Hince last year had not changed her wardrobe - but the guitarist did tell her when she had gone too far.

"He would go mental if I started dressing like a wife! No! He likes me when I'm a rock'n'roll kind of girl", she said.

But the supermodel said that she had been forced to compromise her fashion choices since getting a pet dog.

"It's a nightmare... I'm having to rethink everything. You can't walk a dog in a heel. You look ridiculous"... Course (I've tried)," she said.

Moss said that she had professional help coming up with a storage system for her own wardrobe.

She told the magazine that people had tried to persuade her to wear something ridiculous to see if her fans copied her, but she was not tempted.

CM/PA

• God this woman craps me off! What a stupid thing to say, like there is one certain way a married woman dresses. I mean define Housewife Kate? What a tosser!!! Stop the press! I'm so cool I'll never dress like a housewife! Your so cool, nobody but nobody dresses like you Kate do they especially housewives, no I mean Gwen Stefani, married, kids, Victoria Beckham, married kids, just 2 for starters I guess you would say they dont dress like houswewives either. Oh, whats that Kate, you mean you dont dress like ordinary people is that what your trying to say? Get over yourself love, we all have.....

Magpie
    Pyrmont
    June 14, 2012, 2:44PM
    • Lol. Do you feel better about venting? Or was it just jealousy that pushed you into slamming an article which you could have easily ignored. If you don't care about her style, then why respond so aggressively?

Shorty_14
      June 14, 2012, 3:11PM
    • Excellent rant Magpie !!

Nice little comedic comment to make your point.

Too bad shorty_14 cant detect the subtleties.

Cheers!

Tip
      June 14, 2012, 4:04PM
    • Oh Kate, good to know you're making use of your grey matter, bless. We shouldn't expect pose/pout beauties to have much going on upstairs, they're like little pretty birds with pea brains that you admire in a detached kind of way, knowing that when they speak nothing very meaningful comes out.

sunny
      sydney
      June 15, 2012, 10:38AM
  • Kate will never dress like a wife, or be mistaken for somebody's mother......

rosy@kempsey
    June 14, 2012, 3:17PM
    • @shorty_14
      In the meantime you have not commented on the story at hand only my comment and got it all wrong to boot. The only thing that bothers me more than Kate is people like you who comment on other peoples comments and ask why did we comment in the first place. Wish I could advise where you can purchase a sense of humour but, hang on, try Kate, shes omnipotent!

Magpie
      Pyrmont
      June 14, 2012, 7:07PM
    • Am I alone in not finding Ms Moss all that attractive? I always thought she was a bit of a lower class south London (Crawley) scrawny slag with no boobs. Good luck to her for finding a vocation that requires no talent and pays her extraordinarily well so she can indulge her many vices. But I wouldn't look at her twice in the street. probably not even once. I've refused sexual offers from many better looking women than here - and that's what she tries to sell right? Sex.

Pedro
      June 15, 2012, 8:37AM
  • I know plenty of wife's and they are all stylish and could easily grace the cover of magazines. By the tone of Kate Moss's comment it would appear she thinks dressing like a wife, whatever that means is akin to walking around wearing a garbage bag. Jeanne Little did and she did it panache.

Hostile Bacon
    June 14, 2012, 3:54PM
    • By 'dressing like a wife' she meant she never wanted to dress like a sterootypical housewife. Eg Deborah from everybody loves Raymond or any other wife on sitcoms.

I don't blame her for that.

Though I do think there is a time when women have to start dressing for their age. One day Kate needs to let go of her past and accept the fact that she is a has been.

I never got her appeal though. She has very average facial features and her body is too tiny. Being petite is cute but there is a difference between having a child like frame a petite womanly frame.

expert on everything
      June 14, 2012, 4:26PM
    • @ expert on everything:

She looks pretty hot and "womanly" to me. Children don't have such a defined waist. I think her face is beautiful too.

tastes differ