Bigger, bolder: Lara Bingle 2.0

Video settings

Please Log in to update your video settings

Video will begin in 5 seconds.

Video settings

Please Log in to update your video settings

Lara Bingle becomes a brand

Bingle says she is open to the idea of another season of her reality TV show.

PT0M0S 620 349

Brand building ... Lara Bingle has her eyes on "international" stardom.

She rose to fame at 17, was engaged to one of Australia’s most famous sportsmen at 19, broken-hearted at 22 and has had more photo scandals than any 25-year-old deserves.

It hasn’t always been easy being Lara Bingle.

Now with a quarter century under her belt the sunny, goofy (ridiculously pretty) all-Australian blonde has big plans for re-invention and business success. “I've had my share of ups and downs" she says "I’ve learned a lot in the last 12 months and I finally feel ready to get on with it and work hard.”

Phase one is a determination to reinvigorate her modelling career "Sports Illustrated has always been my dream" she says "People forget that I've been a model since I was 15, I lived in Milan - modelling is my passion." So, it appears, is fashion. Bingle has an eponymous apparel range on the horizon for next year. “I'm trying to create a personal brand. I really admire Elle Macpherson. I look at all she's achieved and I've set that as a goal - if I'm lucky I just might get there.”

Lara has shown an honest vulnerability in the premiere season of her reality show (Being Lara Bingle) letting the cameras into her day-to-day life but were there any areas of her life that were off-bounds ? “It was a big decision to do the show. I'd been asked before but this year it felt right. There were a couple of things that I decided I needed to keep sacred (for me) like my boyfriend. If I've learned anything it's the importance of having a safe private space." Would she consider a second series? "It’s been a good experience – so sure I would".

Eternally positive, Bingle is determined to use her second chance wisely. "I realise now just how fortunate I am. I'm wiser. You know I have a great life, I'm really appreciative and I'm going to make the most of it".

Paula Joye is Editor of www.lifestyled.com.au or you follow her on Twitter and Facebook.

• Lara who?

Chas of Donvale
    July 30, 2012, 10:49AM
    • I thought she had something different to say, but obviously not. Same airhead as she always was and always will be.

MrFymie
      Alexandria
      July 30, 2012, 11:03AM
      • "ridiculously pretty" you are kidding...right?

steve
        sydney
        July 30, 2012, 11:03AM
        • she's a lot prettier then your girlfriend steve

July 30, 2012, 9:30PM
      • Despite all the critics I like the girl. She seems sweet, certainly beautiful and kind of naive which explains why she has been so badly used by the media, childish footballers and other other snobby sportsmen. But, but, but.....I would like her dream to be more ambitious than Sports Illustrated. It may turn out to be extremely profitable if she succeeds before her looks fade and if all she is aiming for is wealth. I don't want her to be hurt again. Good luck girl.

marcel
        July 30, 2012, 11:05AM
        • It appears Lara Bingle does not understand her own potential and has unwittingly frittered away opportunities with sillyness and boganish behaviour, such as showing herself getting her bowel irrigated/sitting on a toilet; episodes about her driving delinquencies etc etc.

Stuff like that is not exactly career enhancing, it takes the mystique away of an otherwise beautiful young woman who should be on her way to the pinnacle of her profession.

Why isn't she with Dior, Lagerfeld, L'Oreal (just to name a few), but hangs out in India with a guy from a call centre, she's never met........

Maybe it's her management, but it appears Lara Bingle is just not portrayed and marketed correctly.......

Mama Mia
          July 30, 2012, 11:15AM
          • I could have lived without seeing Ms. Bingle on the toilet. You call this entertainment? Truly cringeworthy television at its absolute worst!

Frances G
            Abbotsford
            July 30, 2012, 11:24AM
            • Sports Illustrated? Firstly, Bingle is barely 5 foot 5 inches, which is way too short to be a leading model. At 25, she's also way too old to start thinking about re-invigorating a career that never took off due to said shortcomings. She's famous for three things: that dreadful 'where the bloody hell are you?' ad; a failed relationship with a bogan cricketer; and nude photos taken of her by another bogan footballer. Elle McPherson you ain't, honey.

Jace
              July 30, 2012, 11:38AM
              • An absolute waste of space this girl is.
                And her moronic brother even more so.
                I had to turn the TV off.
                I felt so embarrassed for her mother/grandparents.
                If this is the future of the country in terms of young people.
                God help us.

Not a fan
                July 30, 2012, 12:00PM
                • What a giddy little narcissist she is. Yet so very average.

Moo