Italian father to 'fight for children'
Italian father of four sisters says, "Every night I cried," while his daughters were in Australia for two years, and that it is "too difficult" to trust his former wife.PT1M15S http://www.canberratimes.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-27a8n 620 349 October 9, 2012
THE father of four sisters at the centre of an international custody dispute says their mother has nothing to fear if she returns to Italy to visit them.
He also has reportedly not ruled out moving to Australia with the girls in the future.
A Family Court judge in Brisbane last week ordered the girls, aged nine to 15, to return to Italy, where they are the subject of a custody dispute. Their mother brought them to Australia for a holiday in 2010 and never returned. The sisters were removed from their Sunshine Coast home on Wednesday night.
Their father told Channel Seven all four girls are now back together, are ''doing well'' and ''they are relaxed''.
He said he wanted to find common ground with his former wife once she ''calms down''.
''I don't want to take the children away from their mother,'' he told Seven. ''Both parents are equally important.''
The girls' great aunt in Australia released a video statement on Sunday night saying their father was denying their mother the right to speak with them.
He said this was true. ''If she calls the kids and gets them all upset, she ruins everything we are trying to do.''