Jetstar Airways says it is ''disappointed'' after being forced to allow a flight attendant wanted overseas over a 1999 murder case to return to her job.
The discount airline says sacked Monique Neeteson-Lemkes is not psychologically fit for flight duties and it denies her claims that it responded inadequately when she said she found a fake bomb on an Australian domestic flight.
The Fair Work Commission found this week that Ms Neeteson-Lemkes was unfairly dismissed and ordered the airline to let her fly again by September 6.
The airline sacked the attendant in December 2012 after deciding on medical advice that her ''psychological prognosis'' was too poor for her to continue working in a ''safety critical role'' on domestic flights.
She has been indicted by South African prosecutors over allegations she masterminded the 1999 murder of mother-of-three Betty Ketani in a cold-case drama that has gripped the African nation.
Jetstar has already told the commission that it may seek another hearing and produce evidence from Qantas Security about safety concerns about Ms Neeteson-Lemkes flying again and the airline says it is reviewing the tribunal's decision.
''We are disappointed with the decision of the Fair Work Commission,'' a spokesperson said. ''We are reviewing the decision of the Fair Work Commission and will decide on any further action in due course.''
Ms Neeteson-Lemkes has not responded to requests made through her lawyers for an interview.
The airline told Fairfax that it rejected the sacked attendant's assertions that it failed to respond adequately when she found a suspect ''device'' on a flight between Darwin and Sydney in 2011.
Ms Neeteson-Lemkes said the plane should have been diverted and sought an emergency landing but Jetstar says it did everything right in responding to the incident.
''The crew followed operating procedures, which included alerting and collaborating with Qantas security, Darwin Airport and the Australian Federal Police,'' the spokesperson said.
Six men are on trial in Johannesburg for the murder of Ms Ketani and three of them pleaded guilty last month and agreed to give evidence against their co-accused, including the Jetstar attendant.