Troubled former Melbourne player Liam Jurrah has handed himself into police a day after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Without confirming Jurrah's identity, police said a 24-year-old man reported to police on Wednesday.
Media reports said Jurrah had attended the Elizabeth police station with his lawyer.
Jurrah had been listed to appear in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court on Tuesday charged with an aggravated assault in Adelaide last month.
When he failed to appear, magistrate Joanne Tracey issued a warrant for his arrest.
Jurrah, who has also been charged with assault over an alleged machete attack in the Northern Territory in March last year, was delisted by Melbourne at the end of the AFL season.
He is due to face court in Alice Springs on the NT assault charge in March.
He also faces a charge of driving under the influence in Adelaide on January 14.
After he left Melbourne, Port Adelaide invited Jurrah to train with the team but decided against picking up the talented forward in December's pre-season and rookie draft.
The club cited injury-related fitness concerns and his off-field troubles.
The Power offered him a spot playing with the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL with a promise they would help with his court issues and consider recruiting him for 2014.
In a statement the club said Jurrah had not taken up the opportunity to play in the SANFL.
Jurrah is expected to appear in court later on Wednesday.