Man arrested after triple deaths in Sydney
A man remains in a critical condition in hospital after being arrested following the deaths of three people at a unit in Sydney's west. Support is available for anyone who may be distressed by calling Lifeline 131 114, Mensline 1300 789 978, Kids Helpline 1800 551 800.PT0M42S http://www.canberratimes.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-235uy 620 349 July 29, 2012
A MAN, 44, is expected to be charged over the deaths of three of his family in a Sydney unit yesterday.
Police said a man named Carlos Lopez called triple-O asking for help in St John's Park, 37 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD, just after 7am yesterday. They found an agitated man with stab wounds to his stomach, brandishing a knife. He was stopped with a taser and taken to hospital, police said.
In the master bedroom, police found the bodies of the man's parents, his brother and two dead chihuahuas. Police said the home was a confronting sight with so much blood and that officers had been offered counselling.
Police outside a Sydney unit where three members of the same family were discovered dead. Photo: Dean Sewell
Local police Superintendent Peter Lennon said police were unaware of any problems at that address.
''We haven't got any motive,'' he said. ''The people living at this address are not known to us.''
Detectives from nearby Fairfield in Sydney, with the assistance of the New South Wales homicide squad, were last night expected to charge the man in custody.