Interim AVO extended ... Mel Brown arrives at court. Photo: Anthony Johnson
The photographer at the centre of an ugly public spat with X Factor judge Mel Brown has denied he made deaths threat against her celebrity husband and pledged to defend the allegations against him.
The self-described ‘‘Prince of Paparazzi" Jamie Fawcett made the comments this morning as the ongoing stoush took another twist in Waverley Local Court.
The court heard that an apprehended violence order taken out against Fawcett by Brown and her husband, Stephen Belafonte, would now only pertain to the former Spice Girl herself. The court also heard that the full hearing over the matter will now take only one day rather than two.
Jamie Fawcett ... ordered to stay away from Mel Brown. Photo: Anthony Johnson
The interim AVO was made after Brown complained to police that Fawcett allegedly endangered her while she was in a kayak on Sydney Harbour last month.
There is also an allegation that Fawcett made death threats against her and Mr Belafonte.
Lawyers for the parties refused to say why the AVO had been modified, but there was speculation that the parties might be moving closer to a resolution of the dispute.
But Fawcett cast doubt on this possibility when he gave the couple a serve outside court.
"Absolutely not," Fawcett said when asked whether he had made death threats against Mr Belafonte.
"I'm not frightened by the cameras and they shouldn't be either," he said.
"There's been no breach of the law in relation to my activities.
"The issue is whether the mere act of taking a picture is intimidating behaviour and in my view taking a picture is just part and parcel of showbusiness."
The AVO prevents the photographer from loitering within 50 metres of the star, approaching to within five metres of her and contacting her, as well as the usual conditions not to menace, stalk, harass or intimidate her
The matter will return to court on April 15 next year for a full hearing.