Despite the public holiday, there will be no Labour Day celebrations on Monday. The Queensland Council of Unions says it will not celebrate the Labor movement outside the traditional May Day.
Below is a non-exhaustive guide to trading hours in Brisbane today:
- Westfield Carindale - Closed. The Glasshouse and Event Cinemas will remain open.
- Westfield Garden City - Closed. Town Square and Event Cinemas will remain open.
- Westfield Chermside - Closed. Event Cinemas will remain open.
- Westfield Helensvale - Closed.
- Westfield North Lakes - Closed.
- Westfield Strathpine - Closed. Strathpine Cinemas, Hyperbowl Strathpine and Planet Arcades will remain open.
- Brisbane Arcade - Closed (Pandora 10am – 4pm)
- QueensPlaza - Closed
- MacArthur Central - Closed
- The Myer Centre - Closed
- Tattersall's Arcade - Closed
- Wintergarden - Closed
Coles and Woolworths supermarkets are closed.
Independent supermarkets such as IGAs and smaller shops may be open.
- Cinemas will open as normal.
- The Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art are open from 10am to 5pm
- Brisbane City Council libraries are closed.
The council's home garbage collection isn't affected by public holidays and will operate as normal.
Banks are closed.