Police at the scene of a suspicious death at Morningside. Photo: Kristian Silva
Police investigating the death of 26-year-old restaurant owner Peter Milos have called for residents and business owners, near the Morningside home where he was found, to come forward if they have security footage.
Mr Milos was a former co-owner of well-known Toowong restaurant Mariosarti.
His body was found by a female acquaintance in a room within the garage of the Key Street home on Tuesday afternoon.
Mariosarti, in Toowong.
Detectives have spoken to a number of witnesses but say there are no suspects.
Police said Mr Milos was last seen at the woman’s house on Sunday, but were unsure of his movements afterwards.
Investigators have not released details about how Mr Milos died.
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay with Peter Milos. Photo: Mariosarti.com.au
Acting Inspector Anthony Geary said a post-mortem was being conducted on Wednesday.
“We’re appealing for associates of Mr Milos or people who may know him to come forward and contact Crime Stoppers and provide information that may assist with this investigation, he said.
“Mr Milos has worked as a chef in the past and I’m not sure if he was currently working.”
According to a social media profile, Mr Milos listed Mariosarti as a workplace and that he had been travelling Europe during 2013.
In a Facebook post dated May 2, he wrote: “Starting again from .....now!”
Staff at Mariosarti declined to comment when contacted by Fairfax Media on Wednesday.
Acting Inspector Geary said Mr Milos had been staying at the Key Street property, but had also been living at his parents’ house.
However he wouldn’t comment on whether Mr Milos had known enemies or if a weapon had been used in the killing.
Acting Inspector Geary said a white ute, which was located at the Key Street home, would form part of the investigation.
A woman called police at 3.50pm on Tuesday after finding Mr Milos’ body.
Several neighbours said a group of young men and a woman had moved into the property in recent months, but none knew who they were.
A man who lives next door to the Key Street house, who didn't want to be named, said his wife had been home Tuesday afternoon.
However she didn't hear anything suspicious and may have left to pick up their child from school when the incident occurred.
The neighbour said he had never spoken to the tenants, but believed the men in the house may have been tradesmen.
“They were young, well-built men. They looked like tradies and even at times we thought they were trying to renovate the house too,” he said.
“I never heard any commotion or anything.”
Another neighbour, Abby Woods, said about three or four men and a woman lived at the property, but she had never spoken to them.
“They were relatively young, about 26 or 27,” Ms Woods said.
“They did have a lot of cars coming and going
“I was home alone last night so it was very scary.”
David Casey also lives across the street and said he didn't know the man who died.
Mr Casey arrived home on Tuesday to find police cars surrounding his neighbour’s property. He said the neighbourhood was quiet, and news of the man’s death came as a shock.
Forensic police were completing their first sweep of the scene on Wednesday morning, after the crime scene was declared on Tuesday afternoon.
Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.